Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Can not open port

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Fast Time, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Fast Time

Fast Time Member

Aug 8, 2007
    When i send a job to my Roland® Flexi® says it can't open port. what do i do?

Tags:
  2. MariaMartini

MariaMartini Active Member

May 7, 2008
    Don't know if this will help but I had the same problem last month only it was a Graphtec cutting out of Illustrator.

What I believe happened is that my computer (Mac) auto updated and the driver was no longer compatible. I updated the drivers and it fixed the problem.

Hope that helps!

3. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

need more info

what roland?

what type of connection?

4. Fast Time

Fast Time Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Xc-540-tcp/ip

5. This means you have lost communication between you computer and printer. You could try to ping the printer. If you do not connect, then check the router and cables. If you do not know how to ping the printer IM me.

6. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

check connections

did you recently update windows?

did you recently do anything with your router/firewall/internet security program?

7. Fast Time

Fast Time Member

Aug 8, 2007
    i did not do anything. it was working on friday then on monday no go

8. Dave L.

Dave L. Member

May 2, 2008
    USA
    If you are outputing from Flexi, is your printer still set up in the Production manager and is the IP correct?
    If from Versaworks, select the printer settings tab then the same in the menu, hit verify and see if it connects then.
    Are you hooked up to the internet via wireless?

9. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

Does another computer have the same IP address??

When I first got my XC it worked great for a week and one day I just couldn't connect any more. As it turns out one of the computers in the office had the same IP address. I just added a little reservation for the printer on my DHCP server so no other device would interfere and that fixed it right up.