• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help... Can you apply vinyl to this type of brick?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
With compressed air, blow all the dust off from, and out of the brick.

Try this with a small scrap piece:

Heat the brick only with a propane torch, using a large diameter tip. Apply vinyl while the brick is still warm. You'd be amazed.

If you're worried about the paint on the brick scorching, just keep the flame back.

Another idea is to use an infrared heater (Mr. Heater). Attach a hose between the heater and the propane tank and gently heat the wall.

You'd be surprised how well this works.

Heating the vinyl only does not work. You need the heat radiating from the brick to help activate the vinyl adhesive.

JB

AGCharlotte

8624 is the correct 3M product... I don't think 180's going to work, it's not going to be conformable enough. I'm not even sure how well the 8624 would work, I've only ever used it on painted brick so with that much debris I don't know.

And yes, like other people said, you need to heat the crap outta the wall.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
UPDATE..

I was able to powerwash alot of the grit off and splatters. Waited a few days and then I applied. I heated the graphic through the application tape, and then once the app tape was off, heated the hell out of it.

Jeff Alan

I am subbed installer. This is a very large fast food chain and I have ZIP to do with any decision making. This is a relatively new concept store so as far as I know this is the second time this brick has been used on a new store...the rest have been conversions of old buildings.

So far we're in a holding mode, till the powers at be figure something out.

Jeff Alan

We haven't used the 8624 but have had good success with 480 on textured walls.
Contact Banner Marketing Group at www.bannermarketinggroup.com and review under the Product Category Section with the Title: Wall & Truck Banner Billboards. Open up all the links including visiting our YouTube Listing at:
. Please call Jeff Alan at (805) 528-5018 for questions, pricing and information or send us an e-mail at info@bannermarketinggroup.com