• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help. Can't connect to internet

Sticky Signs

I have a dedicated RIP station. It's only purpose is to run Versaworks and Rip files. It has always been connected to the internet via my router. A few weeks ago, I was having problems printing large files so I disconnect my comp from the internet and ran the either net cable directly to my printer. This morning I tried to connect back to the internet to do some updates. No luck. I can't get any kind of connection. My router is running my laptop wirelessly without any problems and it's also running another comp that's directly wired. I've tried to bypass the router and plug in directly. I've plugged in the other "working" connection and still no dice. I'm stumped. I've been googling this for 2 hours now and I can't find anything helpful. The only thing I can think of is that my tech may have changed an IP address - right around the same time I disconnected my RIP from the internet. Please help. I need this thing to work.

TheSnowman

Do you have norton on it? One time I spent about 4 hours trying EVERYTHING, then I uninstalled Norton and the thing fired right up. I will never use norton again for that very reason. I called them and had them refund my money back on my subscription.

J Hill Designs

yep i would say IP address was changed - go into the net connection options, click preferences on tcp/ip - write down any settings shows, then click get IP from dhcp or something...you will prob need to change it back to whatever it was to connect back to your printer - my 2cents..

CheapVehicleWrap

Do you have norton on it? One time I spent about 4 hours trying EVERYTHING, then I uninstalled Norton and the thing fired right up. I will never use norton again for that very reason. I called them and had them refund my money back on my subscription.

Uninstalled Norton? Unless they changed something in the past few years that was next to impossible. Used to be a great program...in the 80's. Now it's a virus just like AOL.