• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help !!! cant get to print

maskman

Ok .... here is what i have going on . Any help would be appreciated !!!!

I loaded Flexi 10 ( its my first dive into a RIP software)
I have a Mutoh Falcon Jr 38" with a SEH print server. The problem I am having is I cannot get anything to print . The control board on the Mutoh says "Plot Ok" and If i do a nozzle check it prints fine.

I have it run to a Netgear router using a regular Cat 5 network cable and It shows on the computer as The computer symbol.
The print server is seeing it ( i Think ) because I am getting a Ip.

I am SUPER FRUSTRATED and need to get this fixed.

Any help at all would be appreciated !!!

Thanks
MM

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The Falcon has an ethernet connection? If so I do not understand the need for a print server. If you have a router then it probably has a DHCP server to assign IP addresses but I'd strongle reccomend setting a static IP on the printer (on your network 192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x, etc). If not you will need to tell Flexi Production manager every time the printer gets rebooted and gets a different IP.... Once the printer has an IP and connected to your network, Flexi Production Manager will need to have it added as a setup specifying the correct IP address.

Also no need to double post in multiple forums. While it might be related to both Flexi and Mutoh, you only need to make one thread.

maskman

my apologies on posting twice, just completely frustrated.

The one I have has a parallel port, Its a JR . and I have the Ip addy and loaded it into the production manager. Its a 192.168 number.

Is it possible that the printer would need another IP number? Other then the print server?

The print server shows up in the device list but not on the list of printers to chose a driver from ?

Sorry, I am Fried .... I have been working on this for a few days.....

maskman

One other thing. When I send the pic to RIP , it will either give me a can't open port error or act like its fine( show full printing, like its OK)

Would getting a crossover cable help in either case? Even if I have to hard wire it right to a laptop?

AHhhhh, sorry...

maskman

now have hooked up with a parallel to usb cable. printer is showing up as a unknown device ..... Getting a 43 code ( from what i read - corrupt data)

Anyone?????

We had a outdoor junior at the last place I worked...it had a serial to usb cable that we hooked directly to the rip computer..trying to use ip addys with that old machine is bound to be trouble

401Graphics

i think using routers make communication with the printer more complicated. I have mine directly plugged into my computers ethernet port. and use a wireless usb for internet

maskman

Ok , here is what we have after Talking to Bobby at Cybersupply ( Thanks again)

I reinstalled it on to the network and here is the result ....so far ,lol

Checked to the Print server , all ok
Tried to run a status sheet from the print server and received a " Receiving [port1] on the screen.( and stayed this way for about a minute)
Then the Screen ( on the machine ) switched " Convert [port1]" for about 45 sec. or so then went back to "plot OK"

I have a call into Graphic Network .... waiting for a call back .

any Ideas?

maskman

We had a outdoor junior at the last place I worked...it had a serial to usb cable that we hooked directly to the rip computer..trying to use ip addys with that old machine is bound to be trouble

I tryed this with parallel to usb and it didnt work, but that could have been me ,lol. I dont know if the driver was loaded correctly on my laptop.

Bobby said that this method would not handle the info fast enough and could cause issues .

I tryed this with parallel to usb and it didnt work, but that could have been me ,lol. I dont know if the driver was loaded correctly on my laptop.

Bobby said that this method would not handle the info fast enough and could cause issues .

We could never print the highest quality setting with it 1440? without it freezing up but it ran fine on the lower settings

maskman

Ok , here is the latest .....
Glen Called and took over my Pc:thankyou: ( Thanks for all the help!!!) and we have it narrowed down to either the main board or the print server.

I noticed while Plugging and unplugging the print server , that it was pretty loose in the socket . So I guess , I will pick up a new print server and give that a try.

Dave- I tried to hook up the parallel to usb to it with no result. I will have to try again tomorrow.

By the time i am done , the whole machine will be new ,lol:banghead:

Dakotagrafx

Why not just have a dedicated desktop hooked to the machine that has the proper port - I run a dedicated computer for the printer and less headaches. It doesn't have to be as big as my design computer and I just send the completed file over the network to finish up with the rip software

maskman

I first need to get the printer see the info before I can dedicate any PC or other to it . Right now , all I am getting is the printer screen saying

Receive [port1]
convert [port1]
then back to "plot Ok"

no other codes show up .

maskman

I have sent a message to Mutoh and SEH to see if they can help any.

I am starting to think it is the main board. Here is why

1) I hooked up the printer with parallel port and it still didnt print
2) print server is "pinging" back
3) printer reads "receiving"

I just question The "convert Port " message . Could someone tell me if maybe this is normal ?

any thoughts ?

Thanks!

CS-SignSupply

The Printer has a parallel port and should not have an option to put an IP in the unit...

The SEH Print Server will have an IP, as will your computers and router.

This should work:

Router = 192.168.1.1
Computer = 192.168.1.2 (connected to router or switch then to router)
SEH Print Server = 192.168.1.3 (connected to router or switch then to router)

OR

Router = 192.168.1.1
Computer Nic #1 = 192.168.1.2 [gw: 192.168.1.1] (connected to router)
Computer Nic #2 = 10.0.1.1 (to print server)
SEH Print Server = 10.0.1.2

Have no clue what the error message "Convert Port" the Mutoh is throwing.

maskman

oh and I talked to mutoh and the usb / parallel will not work.

It was a thought .

I talked to SEH also and we worked on it for about 2 hours and he is calling me back on monday ....... :-(

I am looking at the service manual and it is showing one also ?????
Network IP Address000.000.000.000 to192.034.041.015 to 255.255.255.000

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/55531562?access_key=key-nupjeoihi6hny50yjmz page 24

maybe this was for the optional Ethernet board?

maskman

Why not just have a dedicated desktop hooked to the machine that has the proper port - I run a dedicated computer for the printer and less headaches. It doesn't have to be as big as my design computer and I just send the completed file over the network to finish up with the rip software

I am going to try this during the weekend. I have a older pc here . will let you know. lol