• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! Dry heads for Rolland SP 300 ??

lucamax

I have a Rolland VersaCam SP 300 and did not use it for about 8 months.Because I intend to seal the printer,I did a test print but nothing come up.I also tried a couple of medium head cleanings with the same result.I called the technicians who serviced my printer for the last 4 years and have been told that most likely the printing heads dry up,and should be changed.They are asking $2000.
Anyone out there encounter the same problem?Do you think that the print heads are the problem?Is there anything else I should do to fix it instead of spending two grand? If not ,should I change the heads or try to sell it the way it is.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

Doyle

I would do as High Octane says and also try some of the other flushing methods that have been explained here on the forums and do a few more powerful head cleanings before I drop the $2k on new heads.....

As for the cost of replacing the heads, they cost about $500 - $600 ea and the technicians usually charge about $150 per hour, changing one of my heads cost me $900, but the tech had to drive 1.5 hrs each way to come and do it, I would shop around on that.....

CustomRide

I have a Rolland VersaCam SP 300 and did not use it for about 8 months.Because I intend to seal the printer,I did a test print but nothing come up.I also tried a couple of medium head cleanings with the same result.I called the technicians who serviced my printer for the last 4 years and have been told that most likely the printing heads dry up,and should be changed.They are asking $2000.
Anyone out there encounter the same problem?Do you think that the print heads are the problem?Is there anything else I should do to fix it instead of spending two grand? If not ,should I change the heads or try to sell it the way it is.

Thank you all.

If they have not checked recently you might be shocked to find out the print heads went up to $900 a piece....so I would say its going to be more than $2k unless they have left over stock. If it's an sp300 and not the versaworks model I would sell it as is if its the sp300v model it would be worth replacing the heads and using if you had work for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Maybe try dropping some cleaning solution into the capping stations and really let them soak in...

Couple months ago, a customer of mine in Los Angeles, CA contacted us for compatible ink. Me and my technician arrived and noticed that the reason the printer doens't print not because of run out of ink, it was because this new machine only turned on three times from last year. He bought the machine new and never yet turn on again for almost one year.

Anyways, we opened up the cover, did about five power flushes. It was pretty bad. We then changed the capping station, make sure the hoses down there were not clogged. Within two hours, we see good result. We then power flush couple more times and the whole print heads recovered.

If necessary, take out the print head and do manual cleaning(you should find many instructions on here), after that, soak the print head overnight, change out the new capping station, and now you wait and see if your head could be recovered.

If not, $650 brand new Solvent resistant Epson10000 print head, $650 for signs101 member.

Francis/ Fieldcenter Inc
sales@fieldcenterusa.com/ 949.209.7306

lucamax

Thank you all.
I like the idea of taking the print head out and soak them overnight but I don't know how to do this by myself.Does anyone know?Were can I find instructions how to do it?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I made a post about cleaning heads that sat for 2 years. I don't have time to go into it right now so you could look through the archives for that. I can talk to you about it if you will give me a call. 580-585-2440

artiep

Cap tops

Just went through this same trouble. Fill the cap tops with cleaning solution, if the solution flows through to the drain bottle the cap tops are probably ok. Let it set in the cap tops maybe it will work its way through. If not replace them, they are not very expensive. Get some cleaning cartridges and do a head cleaning. You will most likely have to do this a few times to flush the heads, dampers and ink tubes. It takes some time for the solution to work its way through. Hope this helps.

mark in tx

Quick and dirty,

soak the capping stations with cleaning fluid.

Soak a coffee filter with cleaning fluid and put it between the heads and capping station and shut down the machine for about 20 minutes.

manually lower the heads and remove the soaked filter.

do some powerful cleanings.

You might end up having to put in cleaning carts, hook a syringe up to the ink line after the pump and see if you can get things flowing.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Thank you all.
I like the idea of taking the print head out and soak them overnight but I don't know how to do this by myself.Does anyone know?Were can I find instructions how to do it?
Soaking the heads off the machjne can be risky. If you get any cleaning fluid in the circuitry, the heads are done. Best to do the coffee filter thing and keep the heads sealed up.

If 20 minutes don't do it, try another 20-30 minutes. It may pay to replace the dampers to from the get go.

DeepSixGraphics

Quick and dirty,

soak the capping stations with cleaning fluid.

Soak a coffee filter with cleaning fluid and put it between the heads and capping station and shut down the machine for about 20 minutes.

manually lower the heads and remove the soaked filter.

do some powerful cleanings.

You might end up having to put in cleaning carts, hook a syringe up to the ink line after the pump and see if you can get things flowing.
I have no black firing, Can you tell me about how to use a cleaning cartridge with an SP300V? and with the syringe you say the line after the pump? so hook it a syringe to the line that goes into the waste bottle coming out of the pump?