• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! edge printed graphics

ChicagoGraphics

Anyone know the best way of removing Edge printed graphics off a van that are not laminated. I tryed some Vinyl off 104 and it's taking the ink off but not the decals.

I tryed this outdoors, I do have a access to a warehouse but it's not heated but still warmer then outdoors, think that will make removal a bit
easier?

Thanks in advance

MikePro

+1 to steamer, or a heat gun, and pick at it.
never gonna be easy in this weather, but heat is the only way to make it just a bit easier

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I never used a steamer before, is there anything I have to watch out for and can this be done outside in 40s F weather?

Yes ... don't burn your little fingers. :ROFLMAO: I live and work in South Florida so I have no idea what it's like to work in 40 degree weather.

ChicagoGraphics

If you saw how many graphics are on this van you would think they would have just wraped it and be done with it. I will take some pictures tomorrow and show ya what I'm up against.

Marlene

blow dryer is what I use. it also depends on the vinyl that is is printed on. if it is Gerber 220, it should be no problem.

GraphixUnlimited

deal with this from time to time as we still use our original edge ( 16 years old and still running like a top )

we use a heat gun to soften her up and start pulling ... usually leaves next to no glue residue. Then we finish the clean off with Rapid Remover.

curious to see pics of this "edge wrap" though

cheers eh

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
3m makes some Woodgrain and Stripe remover in a rattle can. You can get it at most auto paint suppliers. Test an area and make sure it will not hurt the finish.

ChicagoGraphics

deal with this from time to time as we still use our original edge ( 16 years old and still running like a top )

we use a heat gun to soften her up and start pulling ... usually leaves next to no glue residue. Then we finish the clean off with Rapid Remover.

curious to see pics of this "edge wrap" though

cheers eh

It's not a wrap, but it should have been, there's 100s well seems like it anyways of decals. Turns out it was printed on a Geber Max onto 3M wrap film, it's coming off easy with a tourch but Im removing it in 40 degree weather in the rain.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
It's not a wrap, but it should have been, there's 100s well seems like it anyways of decals. Turns out it was printed on a Geber Max onto 3M wrap film, it's coming off easy with a tourch but Im removing it in 40 degree weather in the rain.

Hope you are charging a premium for the PITA. I would be. Anyway glad it is coming off without much effort.