• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!!!! Mutoh 1604 ink error "not original"

Capital Signs

I had that happen to me just today! And my mutoh is what, 2 weeks old??? I reset the ink, took it out and replaced it, and fixed it. I hope this is the only bump in the road I have with this printer... 1614

MacDaddy

FIRMWARE-FIRMWARE-FIRMWARE, The manufactuer develops this and the machines acts based on the quality of it...... Excuses and blaming it on this or that is the norm but it all boils down to the quailty of the firmware... Everything from Ink ID to Print-Speed is all driven from either the Mainboard or Sub-Controller Firmware... Print Modes and the inherent difference in speed that the same printer will print on two different versions of Firmware tell the truth.... Tell the truth, it will set you free.....................

MacDaddy

Oh, and I sell Propane and Propane Accessories. My name is Hank Hill and I authorized this message... :toasting:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I spoke to good friend of mine who works for mutoh. The mutoh machine doesn't make money at all, they make money by selling their mutoh original ink. That's why they're so worried about after market ink; that's why they make sure to scare end users that by using third party ink, your warranty is voided.

Quick fix: I am here in s. california. If anyone experience this problem which happens most of friday evenings, i have mutoh smart chip for you to use. Just for the benefits of s. California people.

Mutoh Refillable Cartridge system
See picture.
J-star Eco-solvent is from Japan w/ best quality and are problem free. No ink clogging, no need to change profile, plug and play. 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Mutoh Refillable Cartridge: $80/ea
liter bottle eco-solvent ink $70/liter

Francis
sales@fieldcenterusa.com
949 209 7306

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200225893212&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Attachments

• Valuetjet Bulk in.jpg
    Valuetjet Bulk in.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 92
  • valuejet bulk in system.JPG
    valuejet bulk in system.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00168.jpg
    DSC00168.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 89

randya

I spoke to good friend of mine who works for mutoh. The mutoh machine doesn't make money at all, they make money by selling their mutoh original ink. That's why they're so worried about after market ink; that's why they make sure to scare end users that by using third party ink, your warranty is voided.

hmmm, I work for Mutoh, and I can assure you that we do make make money on machines, so your 'good friend' is giving you bad information.

There are a lot of potential issues with 3rd Party inks, they have been covered here before.

So, with what you are saying about your product, I would assume that you have no qualms about picking up the warranty with the use of your inks?

Matt Cuellar

hmmm, I work for Mutoh, and I can assure you that we do make make money on machines, so your 'good friend' is giving you bad information.

There are a lot of potential issues with 3rd Party inks, they have been covered here before.

So, with what you are saying about your product, I would assume that you have no qualms about picking up the warranty with the use of your inks?

Darn straight you make money on the machines! Tell the brass I want better margins! You guys are making a killing off of us! :smile:

gnemmas

I like the concept of this transparent refillable cartridges. Remind me of Gerber Edge thermo cartridges. We suggested to Gerber long before Zero-nine or Duracoat came out with refillable cartridges. Throwing away all those huge cartridges just not feeling right. We are now feeling same about these inkjet cartridges.

Warranty is not really that scary of an issue. If you only use 10-220ml a month, tug away savings of $400/month to self-insure.

One issue with that system: each liter come with one chip (litter chip), so the sensor reads 1,000ml, if you ever forget to refill and let the 220ml cartridge run dry, there won't be any low ink warning.

We've been using Lyson 2100 ink for 6 months now, no chip problem. But they just raised their price to $44.00 per 220ml. So Francis, answer Randy's warranty question. I might just call you up.