• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help needed pcut cto630 sending me insane

Bigdogofsheff

Hi I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can be my saving grace, I recently bought a pcut cto630 off eBay I had problems installing the driver my laptop just kept saying device not recognised after hours of faffing about I eventually got up and running and managed to cut a logo with it but when I turned it on the next day I was back to square one, device not recognised I thought it might av been a problem with the laptop so I tried it with a different laptop which recognised it straight away but soon after I ended up back at square one that said device not recognised so after days of stress I decided that maybe if I connected my plotter using the serial port instead of usb I might start to get some where so I purchased a usb to serial converter which got me up and running but maybe an hour in I started to smell burning the plotter didn't stop working but I noticed some smoke so I powered off and checked all the wires etc but couldn't c anything to cause this, do you think it's the serial converter causing this as I never ad any smoke or funny smells in all the hours it was powered up whilst I was faffing about trying to install the usb drivers so now I'm scared to turn it bak on could anyone tell me wot I should do next or if they no of a company that could check the plotter over and make sure it's all working ok, I hope I haven't lost anyone's attention with my rambling I just don't no wot else to do someone please help. Thanks to anyone who as taken the time to read this post.

player

Can you take the covers off and smell where the burning smell is coming from? Does the converter cable smell?
If you get the covers off and can smell the burn, look for any signs of burning.

Bigdogofsheff

Can you take the covers off and smell where the burning smell is coming from? Does the converter cable smell?
If you get the covers off and can smell the burn, look for any signs of burning.

I lifted the flap on top of the plotter at the time and it seemed that's where the smell and smoke was coming from I ran my fingers along the wires to c if they was hot and they wasn't hot but the blade went up and down as I did it as tho I'd touched a button if ya get me but couldn't see any bare wires or anything like that

player

I lifted the flap on top of the plotter at the time and it seemed that's where the smell and smoke was coming from I ran my fingers along the wires to c if they was hot and they wasn't hot but the blade went up and down as I did it as tho I'd touched a button if ya get me but couldn't see any bare wires or anything like that

If you don't smoke cigarettes, you should still be able to sniff out the source.

Techman

Many lap top ports do not run at full voltages. You can cause yourself great pain trying to run from a lap top