• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help needed to figure a price...

Patentagosse

Here's few PDF flyers I saved...

Attachments

• 10 in wide deck models ILBA 2007 Conference.pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Step Deck Priced Brochure EA.pdf
    78.5 KB · Views: 95
  • JoeScaffoldSystemCUSTOMFlyerMay09.pdf
    230.4 KB · Views: 325

bigben

Patentagosse

wow, belle patante. Je vais regarder ça pour m'en procurer une.

Bonne Chance, j'ai ramassé l'avant-dernier kit que le gars avait... à c'temps-ci l'an passé... C'était aussi disponible chez Canadian Signcrafter Supply (c'est là que je les avais vu il y a quelques années au CONSAC à Toronto).

Ça m'a coûté $1300 livré (BC ---» MTL). Belle patente comme tu dis!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Show off. When a question is asked in French.... I don't answer, cause I can't............. :covereyes:

I am taking French lessons from a member here. Once a year he gives me a new word. So far, I think they've all been curse words, but I only can say them...... he never taught me how to read & write....... :pops_blinking:

Patentagosse

Just a side note: here in Quebec we use so many english words / expressions when we speak between us, I think you wouldn't have too much difficulties following the discussion... Big difference between french speaking people from Europe and Canada.

sardocs

I grew up in Montreal, lived there for 18 yrs. I can barely speak any french anymore, and I never even learned to how to skate.

Baz

Ok Gino ... Next lesson will be how to read curse words :thumb: That way you'll know when one of these french members curse you out in french and you still act all friendly and like .......

Patentagosse: Instead of thinking to refuse the job ... Give your price ... What do you have to lose? For me ... A full days production work ends up close to a thousand dollar invoice (if not more depending on the product). But that is not far fetched at all. I say "production work" because i can spend allot of time during the day on the phone, quoting, replying emails. So some days i don't actually bill one thousand a day but if i am quoting something around 8 hours of time ... Then it's not unreasonable at all.

Also ... Hike up your hourly rate for when you are working out of the shop. And hike it up because it's a Saturday ... And hike it up because it's a holiday weekend ... And so on .... Either you get the job and it's good money ... Or you enjoy your holiday weekend with the family.

Patentagosse

One of the best purchase I made too...

I just contacted 'em to see if it's the very same product... 'cause after looking at it closely, it's VERY similar (same design, same reinforcing brackets, same material...)

More expensive from 'em than what I paid but I know I got a deal because the distributor wanted to get rid of his last units...

'Hope to get news from 'em. Many customers were blown away by my setup and asked where to get it.

'May leads to sales for 'em so I hope they'll take a moment to reply.

Patentagosse

*** update ***

Here's the latest:

My friend's client got his boxtruck 4 weeks sooner than expected because he rushed his dealer so this one asked another dry box mfg to get it in a hurry.

The truck arrived yesterday at my friend's place. The shop had already printed the whole kit according to the specs he got from the dealer but nobody ever mentioned that it was no longer this box so, you figure, door is not at the same spot (the text no loger fit right on). But the real MAJOR difference is the panels themselves. The 1st box was supposed to be as flat as a wall but this latest one came FULLY RIVETED. Yes 1700 f******g rivets to set. Knowing the whole kit is printed on 3651GRA + 210G, I simply decline. As my friend's shop is too small to accomodate truck's height, I offered him to use my shop's floor.

The truck is now cleaned... they are on their way to my shop so 'can't wait to watch the show!:popcorn:

He said it will only takes a li'l longer. I'll be 10 ft away doing banners on my table. It will be a very good day :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• P3040001 (Large).jpg
    P3040001 (Large).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 60
  • P3040002 (Large).jpg
    P3040002 (Large).jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 60

SD&F

All this French aside.....quote your customer. Take the chance and get the job at a fair price for your work. You don't ask, you don't get. Rejection is never fun, but it does pay off......

Mosh

All I can think of is the TV commercial where the girl says her boyfriend is a french model..."BONJOUR" LOL

Patentagosse

No way I'm gonna pull my hair trying to apply unappropriated film to a riveted box. He will do it in front of me with his helper. Anyway, he first asked me to do it because at the 1st scheduled date, he was going to be in Mexico to relax but as the customer finally opted for another type of box, he got it sooner. My schedule didn't allowed me to do it today. End of story. I'm glad to supply the room and watch to show. Trust me.

Patentagosse

As I type, he has ruined the 1st strip due to the static charge that turn the adhesive of the 3651 (even with RapidTac) into welding as the film touch the panel...

Major wrinkles everywhere (unrecoverable)... ...and this is just the 1st strip!

They are 3: the boss, an helper with him in scaffolding and a 3rd one on the floor to pull the liner. He told me the other day that he can do a box like that in 3-4 hours...

It's fun to watch. Unfortunately I don't have any camera or iPhone with me. He does have an iPhone but he's not in a positive mood right now so I won't ask for it... ;)