• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help on a layout

1leonchen

i am trying to create a logo for a aluminum and hurricane shutter business. so far am stumped. i did something but i don't think its great. be harsh rude. but leave some comments please. layout below. thanks

Attachments

• CFC.jpg
    CFC.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 112

signmeup

A bit long for a logo. How about some strong looking shutters and the business name under it? What you have doesn't tell me they make shutters.

signgal

i was thinking the same thing, signmeup... i like the metal look and the screws but not for this. I think you should use a simpler font for the product line for sure.

G-Artist

Unfortunately, it doesn't portray the HS product.

Now, if those guys were to use a specific name for their shutter product life
would be simpler.

There you could make two logos. One for the parent co. and one for the product, itself.

Envision if you can - a menacing cloud blowing toward a shutter with the
breeze (plus possible debris?) product being repelled. Toss in a few raindrops
and maybe a lightening bolt or two (to depict a storm) coupled with the shutter name.

That shows/states it all.

A tag line such as "a product of CFC Metals" at the very bottom could be added
that shows the name of the co. who makes them as that co. will be the
name in the phone book.

Encourage them to BRAND the shutter. Sell that brand. Sell, sell sell.

Who they really are isn't all the important. The shutter brand is the be all and end all in the marketplace.

Once you hit them with the approach they will think you a marketing genius.

Oh, and make sure no product ever leaves the factory w/o two stickers, which
you created and sold to them and they are firmly attached at two places
so they can be seen both in normal mode as well as in hurricane mode.

signgal

good advice... but i'd go abstract with the logo. keep the lettering/name simple and use a shape or symbol more than an illustration.

SignManiac

Unfortunately, it doesn't portray the HS product.

Now, if those guys were to use a specific name for their shutter product life
would be simpler.

There you could make two logos. One for the parent co. and one for the product, itself.

Envision if you can - a menacing cloud blowing toward a shutter with the
breeze (plus possible debris?) product being repelled. Toss in a few raindrops
and maybe a lightening bolt or two (to depict a storm) coupled with the shutter name.

That shows/states it all.

A tag line such as "a product of CFC Metals" at the very bottom could be added
that shows the name of the co. who makes them as that co. will be the
name in the phone book.

Encourage them to BRAND the shutter. Sell that brand. Sell, sell sell.

Who they really are isn't all the important. The shutter brand is the be all and end all in the marketplace.

Once you hit them with the approach they will think you a marketing genius.

Oh, and make sure no product ever leaves the factory w/o two stickers, which
you created and sold to them and they are firmly attached at two places
so they can be seen both in normal mode as well as in hurricane mode.

Good advice!

signmeup

I don't know what your shutters look like but here's an idea anyway.

Attachments

• HurricaneShutters.jpg
    HurricaneShutters.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

I would go for the clean and simple look like in post #7

excuse but even though yours had some nice ideas but for a 4x4 club

I alway design with starting at what would work for a billboard size it will then be able to scale down to fit in and be readable in a business card size

I also design the reader is viewing this at 50 plus mph.... so simple easy to understand
keeping your at as few as 3 places for the eye

1leonchen

wow i really like #4 post. i have attached some pictures of what hurricane shutters looks like.

Attachments

• Hurricane Shutters (13)sm.jpg
    Hurricane Shutters (13)sm.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 95
  • panels.mike.jpg
    panels.mike.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 66

Jillbeans

Yours looks like something for a chopper company.
The two elements are kind of floating, and it looks as if you've squeezed that bottom font (Wide Latin?) to fit.
The diamond plate and other stuff might look "cool" but it has nothing to do with what that company is offering. If you want a metallic look try using something similar to that middle pic you've posted.
(and you can send that guy to work at my house anytime! hahaha)
Really look at Signmeup's suggestion. You can see instantly what they are offering.
Love....Jill

1leonchen

i did these last night and went back to sleep

Attachments

• cfc logo.jpg
    cfc logo.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 69
  • cfc logo 1.jpg
    cfc logo 1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 76

signmeup

The backgrounds are too busy. The first one is almost unreadable because there is no contrast between the background and the lettering. The second is more readable but not much. The colours are garish. Try a nicer blue like the one used on this site maybe. And a toned down red. I would drop the swooshes and backgrounds altogether. They are very dated looking.

Circleville Signs

You still aren't making a logo.

Just putting a picture of hurricane shutters in there doesn't make it a logo.

Have you used any kind of design questionnaire with thsi client to even get a feel for where they want to go, what they want to stay away from, etc.?

if not, you need to. if you don't have something, PM me and I will send you what we use.

SignManiac

I think you need more special effects or fills. These aren't getting the logo across. I would try using fractals because they remind me more of hurricanes.

signgal

LOL @ maniac... As a Floridian I'd just like to reiterate what's been stressed about simplicity and suggest you give the job to one of the capable professionals on this site. They are more reasonable than you'd think and your customer will be ultra impressed with the results! Big business for you... I told mine I would have the art department work something up for them ;) I sounded all big time and everything too!

JR's

posted by Signgal LOL @ maniac... As a Floridian I'd just like to reiterate what's been stressed about simplicity and suggest you give the job to one of the capable professionals on this site. They are more reasonable than you'd think and your customer will be ultra impressed with the results! Big business for you... I told mine I would have the art department work something up for them ;) I sounded all big time and everything too!

right on Neato has my vote and rick.

JR

signgal

Just used Neato and couldn't be happier... saving Rick for something special... I love innuendo!!!! ROFL