• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help please jv33 wont boot

IOWG

Hi all, I have a jv33 and switched on today and will not boot up, just says boot on the
LCD and then trips out, any ideas please. .

Vinylman

I would start by removing all the factory software from your computer and doing a "clean" install. Then try a boot sequence. Sounds like you "might" have a corrupted software on your computer.

Last edited:

IOWG

right ok but it wont even get to the boot stage... like i say it comes up boot then a few seconds later shuts down, its like a short circuit protection mode..

even when the computer off the printer will still not boot,

Pulling my hair out here this is driving me nuts,

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Well its nothing to do with the computer. The printer will not boot so nothing you do with the computer is going to do anything.

Yes - it sounds as though something is kicking in some sort of short circuit protection and shutting it back down. Could very well be something else though such as a failing power supply, failing mainboard, head gone bad. Hard telling for certain but if you are not getting an error message on the display and it will not finish booting up then you are going to need to get into some in depth troubleshooting at the component level with a good digital multi-meter.

The attached documents should get you started on troubleshooting things like verifying the power supply, key resistors, etc. Keep in mind - this gets into very advanced troubleshooting far beyond what most who run one of these machines should be attempting. Doing something wrong like powering it with the wrong bit disconnected or not having some connector properly plugged in can make things far worse. You should also download the "JV33" bible from the other thread on here. That will have the service manual which also gives more troubleshooting and more specs for things that you can check and verify.

Attachments

• JV33ElectricalTests.pdf
    557.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Trouble shooting for JV33 v1.0.pdf
    721.2 KB · Views: 535