• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please! Mount Clear Acrylic Letters to Brushed Aluminum

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Rather than re-type it, I'll just copy and paste info I wrote in another thread:

Not all VHB tapes are recommended for vinyl. Vinyl contains plasticizer which can negatively affect the adhesion of VHB tape.

The only VHB tapes recommended for direct use on vinyl are: 4941, 4945 and 4991. Also, on tapes 4618, 4622 and 4624, the liner side of the tape is plasticizer resistant, so technically those could be used as long as you adhere the liner side on the vinyl and the opposite side on the acrylic.

Not saying that the letters are going to fall off or anything, but if you didn't use one of the tapes recommended, you may want to check in on the sign from time to time and make sure everything is holding.

zebradog

Rather than re-type it, I'll just copy and paste info I wrote in another thread:

Not all VHB tapes are recommended for vinyl. Vinyl contains plasticizer which can negatively affect the adhesion of VHB tape.

The only VHB tapes recommended for direct use on vinyl are: 4941, 4945 and 4991. Also, on tapes 4618, 4622 and 4624, the liner side of the tape is plasticizer resistant, so technically those could be used as long as you adhere the liner side on the vinyl and the opposite side on the acrylic.

Not saying that the letters are going to fall off or anything, but if you didn't use one of the tapes recommended, you may want to check in on the sign from time to time and make sure everything is holding.

Moze,

Thanks for that information. I will pass it on to our production guy and hope that he did use the correct tape!

Zebradog

zebradog

Pic of Sign Installed

Our installer didn't take a pic of the completed sign installed. So, I asked the client to take a pic and email it. I would have liked a better angle, but this is what she sent. Looks good and I hope the acrylic holds up! Thanks for everyone's input.
attachment.php

Attachments

• FCCI Sign Installed.jpg
    FCCI Sign Installed.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 152