• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP - Roland GX-24 Issue

P2PPrinting

Looking for some help with an issue I am having with my Roland GX-24. I have had this machine for 5 years with no issues. Yesterday I went to cut and could not get it to work. I uninstalled cutstudio and Roland drivers and reinstalled them multiple times. When I press cut, nothing happens. The printer icon shows up but it shows no pending jobs in queue. When I go into the printer preferences-options- then test connection it works and does the test cut. I bought a serial port cable which comes tomorrow to see if the problem is with the USB port but since the test connection works I feel like the USB port should be working. I have tried different USB cables with a different computer and the same issue was present.

Just looking for some advice to see if I missed anything. I have some jobs I need to finish and this has really put a pause on things.

Crf450r420

Strange. I have had mine for 10 or so years and never an issue. Yesterday I made a mistake and selected print and cut. Then when I went to cut my job it started looking for the markers, now I can't get it cut. I can watch the job flash up in the spool and go away right away and the cutter does nothing. It does the test on machine and from computer. Reistalled software, device and driver. Tried antoher computer. Then tried a print and cut. Finds the markers and then does nothing. Just tried updating the firmware and still won't cut. I'm currently out of ideas.

P2PPrinting

Strange. I have had mine for 10 or so years and never an issue. Yesterday I made a mistake and selected print and cut. Then when I went to cut my job it started looking for the markers, now I can't get it cut. I can watch the job flash up in the spool and go away right away and the cutter does nothing. It does the test on machine and from computer. Reistalled software, device and driver. Tried antoher computer. Then tried a print and cut. Finds the markers and then does nothing. Just tried updating the firmware and still won't cut. I'm currently out of ideas.
So weird. That is basically thr exact same issue I am having. The jobs flashes in the spool and disappears immediately. Let me know if you find a solution.

rvolkers

Looking for some help with an issue I am having with my Roland GX-24. I have had this machine for 5 years with no issues. Yesterday I went to cut and could not get it to work. I uninstalled cutstudio and Roland drivers and reinstalled them multiple times. When I press cut, nothing happens. The printer icon shows up but it shows no pending jobs in queue. When I go into the printer preferences-options- then test connection it works and does the test cut. I bought a serial port cable which comes tomorrow to see if the problem is with the USB port but since the test connection works I feel like the USB port should be working. I have tried different USB cables with a different computer and the same issue was present.

Just looking for some advice to see if I missed anything. I have some jobs I need to finish and this has really put a pause on things.
HOPE THIS HELPS a bunch of folks!
the last (WINDOWS10) up-date that happened last week 6-15-24 totally stopped any communication i had between illustrator and my GX-24 (everything looked correct in illustrator - and the GX-24 went through all tests perfectly!) but would not respond and cut! - i tried anything and anything to get cut-studio to work again and got nothing! - (SO I SAID TO HECK WITH THIS)!
i found a far better cutting software extension to put into illustrator than cut-studio - on line - loaded it and it CUT FASTER and was MUCH EASER TO USE! - you can try a demo before to make sure it works :) https://xfcut.com/store/

Last edited:

B-Man

im having the same issue but i cant uninstall the update....
it shows its installed in the update history but when i try the uninstall methods it says it isnt installed....
im thinking it might have been a part of the windows 10 servicing stack 10.0.19041.4467 but apparently you cant uninstall that...

B-Man

ok so from help from roland
I couldn't see KB5039211 until after uninstalling the other updates but if you don't pause your updates it reinstalled it the next boot... I don't know what to do in 4 weeks when it wants to install it again...

Thank you for reaching out to Roland DG Support.

Windows updates are cumulative, meaning that in the uninstall list you may need to remove other updates to see the one that you need to remove.
With Windows 10 you usually will need to remove KB5040427 and KB5039893 first, then after rebooting you should see the once you are after.
Please note you need to hit pause on the windows updates first (you can pause for up to 4 weeks if you choose) before doing this or they will essentially reinstall as you go along.

I have included the current advise we are giving below.

The issue you are having with your Roland cutter is due to a window update that has recently come through.

Please go into your windows security on your system and unload the relevant update, pause your windows updates and restart your computer.

Below are the relevant updates that require removal from your system:

Fix for Windows 11 remove the security update KB5039212 and/or KB5037591 and/or KB5040442
You may need to uninstall additional updates to see these.
The may include KB5039895, KB5012170, KB5037591.

Fix for Windows 10 pro. Uninstall security update KB5039211.
You may need to uninstall updates KB5040427 and KB5039893 first
If KB5037587 is present it may also need to be removed.
(you can uninstall these two at the same time).

P&A Loizou

And that's their solution? stripping of the computer from security updates?
So they toss the ball to Microsoft and we w8 big Bill for a miracle...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
And that's their solution? stripping of the computer from security updates?
So they toss the ball to Microsoft and we w8 big Bill for a miracle...
Guys Cmon be happy they have a workaround and you can continue working.

Real solution is coming (new drivers) but it takes a while.

P&A Loizou

I am not impatient, is just that i have this problem for close to 2 months now and when an update goes live it only worsen the situation.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah and you can have a cheapo workstation to run your machines offline if you are afraid of the situation worsening. No update arrives if it has no connection.

Gnomecreations

I've tried all of the above and still can't cut. Got the laptop from the person I bought the cutter from since I knew it worked on that laptop. I was able to cut once and haven't been able to since. I'd like a solution that will get me to cutting again. What I get when I try to cut is Printer error.

B-Man

I've tried all of the above and still can't cut. Got the laptop from the person I bought the cutter from since I knew it worked on that laptop. I was able to cut once and haven't been able to since. I'd like a solution that will get me to cutting again. What I get when I try to cut is Printer error.
Have you paused updates and successfully uninstalled KB5039211?