• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help The Noobie

iSign

... me?, I think this is just another troll & not a n00b...

... so my post is not to the fake fool who started this thread... it was written for the real fools who are defending him!

man... that comment is getting more true as time passes... the troll who set this spoof up has got to be laughing his a$$ off, now that 2 actual n00bs are cutting in front of his fake n00b game & having genuine coniption fits here... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

neteffect

Hey you guys!

I don't see many responses at all out there. Hope you guys are good.

Yeah, shouting out to any newcomers, anyone starting their business, etc... Would like to hear from you. I hope it's not a ghost town out there.

Peace.

bella

:help
no, i think you haters are honestly afraid of us newbies coming in a competing with you...it sure seems to piss you off...deal with it...competition makes us all strong...
i did not get mad or afraid when the sign shops in my area started to sell business cards and brochures and postcards, i got in the sign business and divirsified. in my custemrs eye, printing is printing, wheather you are printing on a banner, or a business card, you are still printing in the public's eye...
so i say go for it, do your research, and your due dilligence, and learn learn learn everything there is to know, make mistakes along the way, and those buttheads that dont want you competiting with them and try to scare you away, i look to my dad's law '
# 1, ie Harry's first law....F*** em if they cant take a joke...

mark galoob
:help

neteffect

Hi again!

I have been reading that book still, Vinyl Sign Techniques. I'd recommend it for newcomers, it was rated will on Amazon, too.

Soon I will purchase the Enduracut Plus from Sign Warehouse. I am excited. I have chosen the servo motors over the steppers. They are like $400 more! :( But I was watching a video and when the video was going the stepper was so loud he had to speak up! lol Not to mention servos make curves better and such.

I can't be the only noob on here. Where are any of you new guys?

Anyway, what are some good ways of advertising? Do you guys use the yellow pages anymore and such?

Peace out :)

DrCAS

Yellow pages? Oh, sure! They are a great way of generating phone traffic into your shop! I bet all those tire kickers will turn into paying customers real soon! I would suggest that you use at least a quarter to half page ad. It seems like every new shop around here does that so it must be good. Heck, it must work so well, that I noticed a couple of those shops don't even have to advertise at all this year!

Same thing for newspaper ads. A couple of shops did ads last year. Must have been an incredible success. Hells bells, one of those guys must have outgrown his shop because he moved out last month! Not sure where he went but it sure was a surprise to see their space for rent. Remember, repetition is key. Multiple ads every week in your local shopping news is good, too. Right next to the coupons for "free" septic inspections and half priced dog grooming.

Hey, good luck with your venture. It really sounds like you are getting a grasp of what's going on. Keep those servos moving!