• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help thief!!!!!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I didn't spend a whole lot of time reading through the responses so forgive me if this has been asked. How the heck do you experience that level of loss for an entire quarter without catching it earlier? If you have another biz that requires your time then you know how to read balance sheets. A loss shouldn't have been realized beyond 3-4 weeks at a worst case scenario without asking the difficult questions...especially that large of a percentage on such limited sales. No offense intended but something clearly doesn't add up and/or you need some serious basic business classes.

This.

Not only that, but if it is motocross graphics ... you will see a high customer turnover so just the foot traffic in order to experience that sort of loss is a huge indicator. even on a 60 day quarter (5 days a week for 3 months) ... 99% gone is you only being there half a day. that is just bad for even a side business. Might as well just close the shop up if you can't even bother to check the books on a regular basis. something. must be some primary business to be able to absorb that much loss and not notice it. I mean crap and a half ... you're not counting his pay in that cost right? 10k is over $800 a week going to supplies alone ... doable but man that is a LOT of jobs off a gerber edge. ... with a 12" printable area you must be rolling work off that machine all day and night with that sort of cost. sorry, more that you say, less i'm inclined to believe that there is not a whole other side to this. $800 each week means your blowing through almost 600 feet of foils and still having $200 in media to use that on. I call massive b.s.

you're either getting ripped off at the supplier level or you really suck at knowing anything about your own business.

unless of course he just really sucked and wasted that much, you called him a thief and fired him ... at which point ... your fault for hiring someone inept.

boxerbay

at another job an employee was taking cases of inventory out the back door. we called the police and the detective tried to build a case show XXXX amount of material was bought but only XX amount was sold and there is only X in inventory therefore the missing X is what he stole. It probably would not have held up in court but since he already had prior convictions he opted out for a plea bargain and got a year in jail and 5yrs probation. Call your local authority.

MatthewTimothy

Gino,

Sorry to burst your bubble but you wrong. We did motocross graphics and were using convex so check the prices actually 10k doesnt buy a **** ton of that stuff. This business was also run through my main business which does some pretty good numbers a month in sales. So all bills, sales etc are combined therefor untill I really run reports to see where and what sale, expenses etc... I usually do this every qtr but should have been doing it more.

id love to know who did your books. REGARDLESS and either way YOU are not running YOUR business correctly. If you were ontop of everything this should have never happened. AND if it did than there is really NOTHING you will be able to do. Get him arrested and the DA wont do anything, it will be a case of he said she said and you will just be dragging yourself deeper. Get over it, take it at a lesson learned, and move on. HELL, do separate books!!!! You are a fool for sinking everything as one. IF you ran your business correctly and were on top of it this would have never happened. PLUS as Gino has stated, too many areas in your story that dont add up.

Just my 2 cents...

and :Welcome: 2 :signs101:

CheapVehicleWrap

Did you check craigslist for convex? As expensive as Convex is, it can't be easy to unload 10k worth. Is it possible to collect DNA?

digitalwoodshop

Any chance he sold the stuff on eBay.... And feedback with item numbers will show the product.... Fine one and then let the Police find the rest...

Good Luck

quicksigns

Why don't u just sell him ur gerber fx and let him run his business, since u can't run it ur self? He probably thinks since he's working 99% of the time ur gone, he should get 99% of the profit.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
stolen edge jobs

not enough time to read all this replies, but if you rewind the foils, you will see EVERYTHING.
chris M