• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help very bad quality after installing new head

Ravni

hey, i just installed a new original head in my mimaki jv33 160 at the same time i installed new dampers , new pump and new cap.

but the damper wornt fill with ink only a small amount (is that right)?

and then the printing quality is very very poor not acceptable at all, look at my attachment.

i try to do a drop pos callibration both in service mode and in in ther "user" mode

Please Help spend a lot on new part and then got this result :/

foto 1.jpg

gregwallace

Can you post a nozzle test print? Is the problem on all dampers? They should be half full. Did you prime the dampers before attaching?

Ravni

Nozzle test, is that the normal test print?

prime? Do you mean manual filing?

My main problem is the print quality.

Ravni

i'm an eletronic engineer but had a hobby as a designer, so i bought this printer from an auction and have never worked with printer setup. so sorry if i ask stupid questions, but i bought the printer found that the head was broke then replace it with new parts.

the heat is set to 27 degrees but i dont now about the profile i just installed rasterlink pro 3 which i got with the printer, open the program and open the image and right click on it and select rip and print and thats the result.

is there any think i should do int the software?

gregwallace

Your heat is way too low. Thats why you have the white specs in your print. Put the pre and print heat to around 35 and try printing it again. We don't usually worry too much about the profiles.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rav...........

Don't take this the wrong way, but this place really isn't for hobbyists, let alone hobbyist designers. You might be a good electronic engineer and do really nice work in your off-time designing field, but the vast majority of us are doing this for a living to put food on the table, clothes on our children and pay the mortgage.

Please don't be rude and ask for fast turnaround responses in less then a few hours or so. Perhaps, you should've contacted a tech person who knows how to do this and pay them for their time, rather than asking for free help at our expense. You'll get the help you seek here, but it will likely take some time, while our more experienced tech people and smart DIY'ers come to your rescue.

Ravni

Rav...........

Don't take this the wrong way, but this place really isn't for hobbyists, let alone hobbyist designers. You might be a good electronic engineer and do really nice work in your off-time designing field, but the vast majority of us are doing this for a living to put food on the table, clothes on our children and pay the mortgage.

Please don't be rude and ask for fast turnaround responses in less then a few hours or so. Perhaps, you should've contacted a tech person who knows how to do this and pay them for their time, rather than asking for free help at our expense. You'll get the help you seek here, but it will likely take some time, while our more experienced tech people and smart DIY'ers come to your rescue.

i bought this machine because i want to make this in to a living together with my LED sign business, so my plan is not to stay as a hobbyist.

i see what you mean about the panic i bring in this question, but i already got 10 jobs waiting so really need to get it working if i want to keep this customers, about the tech guy i contacted the company selling the machines in for the first time 14 dayes ago and again 5 dayes ago and the just tell me that they are going to get a tech guy calling me, but nothing happens , and the i dont know to do other than trying fixing it my self trying to avoid a bad customer relation.

Ravni

Thanks guys Will try et as soon as i arrived at My office:)

pass count? The time it takes to print??o dont know

gregwallace

Double click on a file while in raster to pull up the print options. Then go to print condition. One is pass count. You can also set different profiles, heater settings, manipulate the file, etc. The pass count refers to how many layers of ink the machine lays down. 4 passes is faster than 8 or 16 but wouldnt hide imperfections as well.

Ravni

now im trying to print the RIP ME.eps file form the rasterlink 3 cd using a trial version of rasterlink pro 5 sg my settings is as showed in the the image. mimaki print settings.jpg and the 3 heat element are all set to 35 now the result is much better IMG_0383.jpg but not as good as it shut be for this printer

the media i use is a blank transperrent vinyl (grafiprint s10p)

hope that one of you guys knows what to do next

gregwallace

try unidirectional. If the bi directional setting is off the print will look grainy. Also is your head at the lowest setting. Look for a mechanical lever on the carriage itself. It needs to be in the lower of the two settings for better quality prints.

Ravni

I have also tryed the unidirectional but the print looks the same, the head is all ready at the lowest point Right now. The head remplaceret manual i Got with the head it days that i need to do a slant adjustment but i read in an other thread that i need a microscope for that adjustment, Can it be this missing adjust which make the print lok this Way? Or do i need to do som other callibrations?

What at about the temperatur should i try raising above the 35? As i understand High temperatur keeps the ink wet for a longer time Right?

In in rasterlink i also Got the opportunity for 24 pass?

sorry for that many questions

gregwallace

Your print just looks grainy to me. 24 pass wont help that. Ive actually never had to do a slant adjust butI'm pretty sure that's you problem. I believe you have to do one everytime you put in a head. Try printing a fine line grid on unidirectional. Compare the vertical lines to the horizontal lines. Your goal is to make them look the same. This will solve the grainy issue. Heat cooks the solvent out of the ink. More heat equals faster drying. Sorry I cant help you with the slant adjust but thats probably your next step.