• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help very bad quality after installing new head

Ravni

Thank you for all the help, i Will try to do the slant adjustment and maybe an drop pos again. I Will Get back with My results

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Find a different profile to try. The one you are using does have the right settings to get very good quality though. 540x1080 12 pass. Also make sure the profile you are using is for the correct ink configuration. If your machine is dual CMYK then use a 2xCMYK profile. If it is CMYKLcLm then use a profile for that configuration. The profile must match the ink configuration of the printer. Good starting temps to try would be 38, 38, 50. We almost always leave the post heat at 50 with excellent results.

The dampers should be near full on a JV33. VERY CAREFULLY pull the damper off the head manifold with the ink tube attached. Have a LOT of paper towels handy and be VERY CAREFUL that you DO NOT SPILL ANY INK ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD!!! Try not to press on the side of the damper while removing or installing it back on the head. Once it is off, gently put it to the side on top of towels, then manually open a cartridge solenoid valve for the color you want to fill the damper (this can be done inside the back cover behind the cartridges or in the service menus). Once the solenoid valve is open carefully press the valve in on the side of the damper and ink should freely flow into it.

You have a lot more reading to do on here. Dig into any threads on JV33 or CJV30 machines.

Ravni

Thanks for you reply i Will try working with the profiles as you tould me.

i Will try to fill the dampers this Way and see if this works, hope so

are the jv33 and cjv30 the same printer only the cutter in differens?

Have an other question i Got rasterlink 3 with the Printer is that ok or should i find somethink Else?

alevye

A.L. Sherut
JV33 Bad Quality printing after installing head

Hello.

In JV33 is really important to proceed with several adjustments after replacing a Print Head:

1) First, you have to do a HEAD SLANT Adjust in Technical Mode. This is really important because affects the Print Quality a lot. You will need a 20x or 30x magnifier for this and to check in the result printing if both M and C drops are in the same horizontal line in the CM junction (also look in the top or bottom to check that you don't have an offset of one dot). To make the adjustment you have to remove the Gray Carriage Cover and release both black plastic holders (in the front and in the right side), move the turning or adjust screw like a semi-cycle in the right side, close both black holders, run the print test and check again

Head Slant Adjust JV33.jpg

2) Then, you have to check if the Ink Volume is correct in the new Print Head, so you have to enter in the INK VOL ADJUST in Head Adjust and run the Print and make the changes. In this case, you have two channels for each color. The goal is to set each channel to print in the same tone or level. If one of them are more lighter or darker, will create some problems in the printing, specially in printing Bi-Directional

Ink Vol Adjust JV33.jpg

3) Then do the Media Comp 2 adjust in Technical Mode

4) Then do the Drop Pos Adjust in Technical Mode and then the Drop Pos Correct in Operation Mode

4) Re-check you media profile is the same as you used before and the same media and media settings like Heaters and do the Media Comp Adjust in Operation Mode

Re-send your file and check if there is improvement

Regards