• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a Roland SP-540V

Ben

I am relatively new to both this website and the industry. We purchased a small shop in Florida a few months ago after spending 15 years in the corporate world (different industry). With our shop we got a Roland SP540V which, outside some cutting issues, has served us well. Yesterday however, it stopped printing, the heads are moving and it acts like it is printing but, nothing. I have done a search here and reviewed the manual but don't see anything that seems to fit this problem. We have a call in to a service company but no call back to this point. Any suggestions as to where to begin trouble-shooting? Any help is appreciated!

Ben

We are getting no ink whatsoever, the vinyl is as clean on the outside as it was going in. We have tried re-cleaning to no avail. One rep I spoke to suggested soaking the heads in cleaning fluid?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How long ago was it that you got a decent print from the machine ??

Sounds like someone's getting a message 'Not to Put Out'. Must be an upset spouse. I didn't say which one....:beer :beer

Ben

We did a manual cleaning on Friday, then printed 2 banners, no problems. Monday afternoon we fired it up again and got nothing. It will not print a test.

mediaman

Make sure the menu is set to Stop when ink carts are empty. Menu - Sub Menu - Ink Control - Empty Mode - Stop; be sure to hit Enter after choosing Stop. If it is not set to stop, it will continue to print when the cartridge is empty.

petepaz

Make sure the menu is set to Stop when ink carts are empty. Menu - Sub Menu - Ink Control - Empty Mode - Stop; be sure to hit Enter after choosing Stop. If it is not set to stop, it will continue to print when the cartridge is empty.

yeah what he said
try putting new cartridges in but usually they don't all run out at once
have you changed the cartridges since you got the machine

Roland Tech

Change the cap tops. That should fix it.

It might need a new pump if you haven't upgraded that within the last year. They have a new design that was upgraded about a year ago. Good luck.

FrankenSigns.biz

Roland tech support is (800) 542-2307. Give them the serial # and they'll help you and won't charge you a dime. Did you clean the sensor strip? Sounds like the sensor strip needs to be cleaned.

Ben

Fixed

Goodgirl was very helpful in getting us back up and running. Thanks also to everyone for suggestions!