• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a sign

Techman

I think all of us agree with all the posts except for fat boys.

This job is above the pay grade of the poster by far..This is not a job to learn on.

Tony Rome

I think all of us agree with all the posts except for fat boys.

This job is above the pay grade of the poster by far..This is not a job to learn on.

It's not a job to learn on?
It is my friend who is paying for materials only.
We help each other out...it's my turn....geesh read why don't you.

Circleville Signs

Tony,

Put the shoe on the other foot for a minute...

Sounds like you are a really good screen print guy. I trust that you are, because Gino says you are.

Let's say I come onto a professional screen printing forum and ask how to hack up what should be a reasonable job? I'm talking just asking all the wrong questions about how to do something that it is obvious that I'm not equipped to do in either knowledge or materials?

As a professional screen printer, what would your reaction be? Now, you might be better at sugar coating than i am, but I think that we'd have the same reaction.

Gino said nearly the SAME THING that I did. He simply said it in a more politically correct way.

You are trying to do something that you aren't equipped to do.

Tony Rome

Tony,

Put the shoe on the other foot for a minute...

Sounds like you are a really good screen print guy. I trust that you are, because Gino says you are.

Let's say I come onto a professional screen printing forum and ask how to hack up what should be a reasonable job? I'm talking just asking all the wrong questions about how to do something that it is obvious that I'm not equipped to do in either knowledge or materials?

As a professional screen printer, what would your reaction be? Now, you might be better at sugar coating than i am, but I think that we'd have the same reaction.

Gino said nearly the SAME THING that I did. He simply said it in a more politically correct way.

You are trying to do something that you aren't equipped to do.
Gary, it's cool.
I guess I am from the new school...I am confident i can do a lot with a little help.
This project is pretty easy, I just wanted to know what the best method was.
I am sorry if I offended anyone, but you are right I guess I would have tried to help (sugar coat).
I guess I am different and that's cool, I know sign guys almost take sign making as a religion, haha.
Def no hack job, but it really was a favor for a friend.
Next time I will explain a little better.
Thanks!

Tony Rome

Thanks again for all your help, the ones that actually helped.
I finished this up today, it looks great!
I seriously can't believe anyone made this out to be something difficult.
The hardest part was posting the question on the forum, lol.

If this is above my expertise level, I seriously must be a genius, haha.

By the way if anyone needs help screen printing (textile) feel free to ask, no mater what your "expertise" level is, I am here to help.

Have a great weekend!

Tony Rome

Here you go...

My angle wasn't great, tough spot to take a pic, but I think you get the idea.
I used reflective vinyl, as you can see by second photo.
Thanks again for all the help!

Attachments

• thinkinkdayshop.jpg
    thinkinkdayshop.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 60
  • thinkinknight.jpg
    thinkinknight.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 65

signmeup

Looks great Tony. Looks really sharp lit up.
Did you design the logo?

Ain't it grand discovering that you're a rocket scientist?

dwt

That came out great. Way to make it work!
Funny how when fishing for ideas, some will try to put a rubber boot on your line.

Tony Rome

@signmeup, I actually let a graphic designer do this, he is great.
Name is Jason from Crosshairsgraphics.
His web page is http://www.crosshairsgraphics.com/site/

Yes, tomorrow I am constructing a solar powered sign that flies, I am having a hard time figuring out how to steer it with my mind....but I'll get it, haha.

@dwt, thanks...ain't that the truth!
@Gino, thanks bud!

signmeup

@signmeup, I actually let a graphic designer do this, he is great.
Name is Jason from Crosshairsgraphics.
His web page is http://www.crosshairsgraphics.com/site/

Yes, tomorrow I am constructing a solar powered sign that flies, I am having a hard time figuring out how to steer it with my mind....but I'll get it, haha.

@dwt, thanks...ain't that the truth!
@Gino, thanks bud!
Good for you Tony. That's some funny stuff, mind control.