• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with aspire

dickie d

Hello there,

I created a model in aspire from a vector logo. I baked the components together. I send the file to the CNC machine with a roughing and then a finishing tool path. I have attached pictures of the end result. I cant figure out why the edges come out so chunky. I've run the file twice. Once with OFFSET and once with RASTER. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dickie Turner
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpg
    IMG_2506.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 220

dickie d

The vectors are smooth. If I machine it using the pocket tool path option it comes out clean. Its only when I have to use 3d machining that it comes out chunky like this.

synergy_jim

looks like my files do in Enroute when my resolution on the relief is way low. I usually run a finish pass around the letters that takes off an additional .01 to smooth things out.

Techman

have to do a 3d clean up pass using an offset. And when making your art you could use a higher resolution.

Set the pass one half the distance to the center line of the BALL end mill. Aspire measure BALL end mills from the centerline.

dickie d

I'm trying to change the resolution. I'm running the file as I type. With the new software, I stupidly assumes the resolution was just for the preview pane. It didnt occur to me that it would actually be the models resolution.