• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with company logo

speedneeds

After asking about keeping the company name in another thread, I have decided to work with what I have. This is the logo that I have used previously but I am not liking the print shop part. It seems that I have a harder time designing something for myself than I do for a customer.

I know that this logo falls far short of the caliber of most on here. So I am here to learn.

I first designed in single color and started playing with color combinations. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• speed needs logo2.jpg
    speed needs logo2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 165

TheSnowman

I'm kinda liking the black and white one. It's simple, and easy to read. I'm not real sure about the color combo's like you said. I think you might be on the right track though. This is a lot better than some stuff posted. Just keep it simple IMO.

GoodPeopleFlags

Speed Needs and Print Shop need to have the same slant. I'm not big on the font for Print Shop. You have 2 different plain, bold fonts. Keep them the same or totally different, as in make one a script or a serif font. Those are just a couple of quick observations.

Pat Whatley

A couple of things stick out to me. The first one is you font choices aren't working. the second is the slant needs to match on all three lines of copy, right now it looks mismatched. Make that three things....I'd also make the bottom line longer so that it was justified right.

The layout you're working with is never gonna win you any design awards but tweak it some and you can get it to be perfectly serviceable and effective.

SignManiac

Here's another direction. Sometimes it's hard to force only one idea when you think you have to stay with one option only.

These two ideas are ten minutes work. Nothing spectacular but a starting point.

Attachments

• Speed Needs.jpg
    Speed Needs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 178

speedneeds

Here are a couple of quick reworks.

The first with Pat's suggestion on all 3 lines tilted the same and the bottom line lengthened for justification.

The second is signgal's suggestion on reverse box.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• speed needs logo3.jpg
    speed needs logo3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 165

speedneeds

Flame, it goes back to my other thread and the history of the name.

I do not wish necessarily to convey the idea of rush service. I would just like to integrate the name with the sign/advertising industry.

Hope that helps clear up what I am after. Thanks.

Jillbeans

I'd lose the splashes.
Then unstack SPEED and NEEDS, and put PRINT SHOP underneath it in the reverse panel without the connector line.
Glad you changed the slant thing, that bugged the heck out of me.
Love....Jill

artsnletters

I'd lose the splashes.
Then unstack SPEED and NEEDS, and put PRINT SHOP underneath it in the reverse panel without the connector line.
Glad you changed the slant thing, that bugged the heck out of me.
Love....Jill

thank you for saying this too, it screams 80's to me with those splashes.....what do they signify? That you are sloppy with ink, or perhaps you just wanted to fill some space arbitrarily. I still think losing the speed needs altogether and doing "a speed needs enterprise or company" underneath until you (re)establish yourself. Speed needs may work great for a racing enterprise but making signs, graphic and printing needs not so much.
Tim

Marlene

I do not wish necessarily to convey the idea of rush service

slanted letters and the name speed only convey rush. if you were trying to say rush, that would be a way of doing it. with a look like that, I would expect it cheap and fast if I walked into your shop. if that is the service you provide, then the logo is OK. if this isn't what you want people to think, then you need to throw out everything and start over.

the whole point of a logo is to convey to the public what it is that a business does. think about other companies and their logos. "Burger King" says cheap & fast. no one ever went into a Burger King all dressed up and was suprised that there were no linen table cloths or fine china. Burger King conveyed to their customers with the look of their logo just what to expect.

when you go about designing a logo for your company, you need to do the same and tell people what they can expect from you.

SignManiac

Or you can look at it as high performance "service" that carries a premium price. It really doesn't make a whole lot of difference what your name is or what your logo looks like unless you can back up your work.

Exceptional work will over rule many things, even names and logos. You can hire Dan to design a killer logo, but if you do crap work it won't matter one bit. First impressions do come into play but there's a lot more to selling yourself than all the other superficial stuff. My logo has had little impact on my success over the years.

Flame

Flame, it goes back to my other thread and the history of the name.

I do not wish necessarily to convey the idea of rush service. I would just like to integrate the name with the sign/advertising industry.

Hope that helps clear up what I am after. Thanks.

Whether you want it to or not... it appears that way. You have to step back and look at the bigger picture....... is your advertising working? Is your NAME working?

I think it's going to be hard to try to convey anything OTHER than being a rush order shop.

speedneeds

I think it's going to be hard to try to convey anything OTHER than being a rush order shop.

Kinda what I am afraid of. I have received several request for rush orders.

Looks like the wife and I are going to have to step back and take a long look at things. We need to look to the future of the business (where it is heading and where we want it to head).

Marlene

Kinda what I am afraid of. I have received several request for rush orders.

Looks like the wife and I are going to have to step back and take a long look at things. We need to look to the future of the business (where it is heading and where we want it to head).

really good idea and I hope you can come up with a solution. find some of the threads by Jon Aston as he posts some great links to naming companies and logos.