• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with large poll sign

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wanna get out of it cheap ?? Get two [2] - 4’ x 10’s of Cor-X, letter it up one color and use some VHB and tape it in place. However, like already mentioned, if you go up there and do anything in the way of making, adding or supplying a sign without fixing that sign, you could be named on a law suit for not fixing a rather large potential safety problem.

Whether you’re a hobbyist, full or part timer, it is your job as a professional to report these things and make sure they are fixed if you’re doing other work to the same area or location. Just because you weren’t asked to fix or was turned down to fix a potential problem doesn’t excuse you from reporting the problem. You could be found guilty of negligence should anything go wrong.

Have them sign a waiver, regardless of getting any work or not. You saw it and responded here about it. So essentially, you recognize the problem. Turning your head is not a healthy thing to do. Not if lives might depend on it.
What if………….

petepaz

did a job like this once
i had to cover a billboard with new business info
had fellers make a custom banner to cover it and the put grommets on the sides so you can lace it up like a sneaker
the banner covers both side goes right over the top you will need a lift of some kind to get it over i didn't know this when i did the job luckily it was in an empty parking lot and i threw a few ropes over the top and tied them to my trailer hitch and pulled it over the top

Gordy Saunders

Just get up there and screw the thing on, you arn't going to be responsible for crap. If you're worried use a couple of long screws in the top and the bottom - Go right through the face and the thing won't be going anyplace soon.

Are you going to have to rent a boom lift or bucket truck or can you get up there with a ladder?

Did the quote from the other sign shop include installation? Did you see the quote?

I think I would pass on this one, you need enough money to be able to do the job right.

skyhigh

#1 tell them you need to fix the retainer BEFORE you do anything else.
#2 that cabinet looks like its 24" deep.....putting a "bag" over that thing (with the 9" radius corners) is not gonna look good unless its a custom job (more money and time). DO AS GINO SUGGESTED and attach the coro !!
OR I would suggest using a digital print & cover that bad boy right where it is. Work up a design that looks good with a blue border.

#3 Did I mention FIX THAT RETAINER FIRST????

SUPALOSDOG

I just turned down the job and referred customer to another shop closer to her who has experience with this type of job... so thanks guys for all your help... I 'll be bakc weth mor qwestchuns layder.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Believe it or not…. I think you did the smart thing by walking away. I hate to see someone get burnt and with the low budget, bad conditions and your limited knowledge…. it was the mix for potential danger. You also helped the customer with a good reference and they might come back with other things they need since you were honest with them.

These things have a way of working out in the long run. :thumb: