• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with master by desay

i just dont believe this trend of people asking for reviews....receiving reviews, arguing with the reviews,buying the opposite of what was recommended after asking for reviews....the when they buy their pos against everyone's advice...have the audacity to ask the same people that warned them against it for advice on how to fix it...unreal

Buddy

QUOTE: .........."buddy i have only seen one other poster here make as many posts as you in such a short time...and that is flamer and i myself wouldnt want to be linked with that even though he is improving but the overall tone of your posts....well you said you could take it."

Thanks Dan.....I appreciate the constructive tone of voice and pointers in my direction.

I'll keep a lid on it more.

BUDDY

Buddy

I type easily 80 wpm and sometimes hit speeds of 120 to 130 words per minute (as compared to a typical 30 to 45 wpm). Went to Missouri state typing contest for sheer speed when I was in school.

I'm sorry you all have to put up with my chatter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I type way too fast for my own good !!

Too much coffee !!!!!!!!

Techman

receiving reviews, arguing with the reviews,buying the opposite of what was recommended after asking for reviews....the when they buy their pos against everyone's advice...have the audacity to ask the same people that warned them against it for advice on how to fix it...unreal

Simple. We do not have self discipline. We cannot deferentiate what is a WANT or a NEED. We get what WE WANT and not get what we NEED. And, we worship money. We canot give up the few extra dollars to make the right choice. To many stand there and say, "Look what I got and it only cost 1/8 of the other guy. I was smart, he was stupid." Yes there are some posts that imply that.

Worship of money is not good because it causes us to look for the cheapest thing around and cannot WAIT until we have the resoruces to get the equipment that really suits us. It causes a lack of commitment. It causes a lack of will. We will not let go of a few extra dollars to get something that is truley worth it.

ITs all about... "Look I am a sign guy. See, I have the cutter. I have the computer". Look at me in my glory. I can do something no one else I know can do."

Its just like those who purchase the exercise machine only to have it just sit in the living room for every one to see. Its there to simply announce . "hey I pose the lifestyle. I want you to think am strong and youthfull.. See, can't you tell. I have the machine sitting right there".

Yes there are a few who posses true passion. They will claw their way up, read every book, and ask every question. They will search out a good used machine rather than accept something that will not meet their needs. All it takes is focus, self discipline and commitment.

skyhigh

buddy i have only seen one other poster here make as many posts as you in such a short time...and that is flamer..

Correction...There are others that rival Flame for top postings per day. Buddy, don't let Dan's comments deter you from posting. Personally, I enjoy most of your posts.
:beer

Last edited:

chopper

I also find old Paints and Buddys advice great!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey if you cant call it how you see it whats the point,
no offence is intened but what the hell do you expect when you but a $300.00 plotter?? really do you think it will be a good investment??
and yet we will badger and bitch about the guy who wants the cheap sign
well this is no diffrent!!! I spent over 5k on my plotter and I thought that it was cheep (summa buy the way) but when I call tech support they awnser the phone and bam I am taken care of... that is what it is all about, same in our biz it service, service, service, and also if my machine has to go in for repair they send me a machine to use while its in the shop, free tech support for life of the machine even if i sell it to some one else!!!! God I love summa!!!
(no Iam not a sales person for summa) I think if I were you I would have bought a better machine and kept your roland for the back up good luck on getting it fixed I really hope you can //chopper

tltaylor22

I just upgraded to a graphtec fc7000 from the two master machines that I've run for the last two years. I would compare the master machines to "dixie cups". Use them for a while and then throw them away, much like a ford:)
For the investment of under a grand for the two machines I'll bet I easily netted $50K. Neither of my machines lasted for a full year. The first one I didn't bother sending in for warranty, but the second is on it's way. I never had the problem that you described, but mine would x-through jobs every now and then. For a week striaght this fall it was xing every other job. I put a humidifier under the machine and haven't had the problem since. After constant use for 9 months or so you will notice that the same letter cut right next to each other will have different widths. Not a real problem on 4"+ lettering, but for fine stuff it gets ugly and inconsistant. Not real good for customer relations. I believe master now has their repair place in california. Hope they can figure out your issue. I just set my new machine up with lxi(flexi8) and am going through the learning curve trying to get all my jobs to work on this graphtec.