• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help with my JV33

gnalmea

Hello, I hope you are well.

I am writing this post because I have been having issues with my JV33-160 DX5 head for a few days now.

This machine had been sitting unused for about 8 years and we decided to repair it in July. We changed the head, the entire capping station, dampers, ink lines, data cable, pump and even the pinch rollers. The first few months it worked great, but since September, we have had a big problem, as every day a complete line gets clogged. It could be magenta, black, cyan or yellow and the only way to unclog it is by passing solvent through the head and then ink."

The problem has become too frequent, every day a different color gets clogged, most of the time the dampers are left with no ink, but it has also clogged while the dampers have ink. To be honest, I don't know what could be happening and I would like to know if anyone could help me with this problem.

With nothing else to add, I appreciate any help or ideas you could give me to find a solution to my problem. A cordial greeting from Venezuela.

Neil

It's probably wrong to think the head is getting "clogged". It's just not getting ink going through it. Flushing with solvent isn't necessary.
You need to find out why the pump isn't pulling ink through the head when you do a cleaning.
It will probably be an air leak somewhere.
Maybe where the dampers plug into the head? Being that they are filling with air. Try buying genuine Mimaki dampers and swapping them out.

Otherwise - as is the case 90% of the time - it's the cap top seal. Make sure the head is lined up properly on the cap and there's no nicks or possible air leaks.

Otherwise, check under the cap that the tubes are sealed 100% to the cap nipples and pump.

Leave the bottom cover off and watch what happens when you do a cleaning.. Is ink going into the cap? Onto the wiper? Through the tubes?