• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with overs pray issue Roland Soljet Pro III XC-540

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

It started again.

Having a recent issue past few weeks with both my Roland XC-540 Pro III.
Heads are clean, Test print is great and all firing as they should.
It seems to be dragging Black across areas of my prints. Even where the wheels are? There are no marks or ink on the wheels. There are no threads or fuzz on the heads. I even placed static gaurd line across the back material I purchased a few years back.
I have the room regulated with heat as usual. I have been printing for over a decade and this is a first this year to me..... Puzzled.
See images.

Please help if you have a tip.

* I have cleaned the decoder strip.
* slowed the print speed and it's a little better...
* room temp at 70
* Humidity at 26
* machine is on Anti static matte
* Anti static string behind and in front of media prior to going into the unit.

Thank you
Anthony

Attachments

• 20191220_165250.jpg
    20191220_165250.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 892
  • 20191220_165258.jpg
    20191220_165258.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_20191220-200635_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-200635_Gallery.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Screenshot_20191220-200759_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-200759_Gallery.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Screenshot_20191220-200840_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-200840_Gallery.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot_20191220-225703_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-225703_Photos.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot_20191220-225740_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-225740_Photos.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 276

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
Looks like head scraping but I dont know what material you're using and the heat level. Could be material is not laying flat. Could try raising the head to alleviate that.

Sigzag

Hello Everyone,

It started again.

Having a recent issue past few weeks with both my Roland XC-540 Pro III.
Heads are clean, Test print is great and all firing as they should.
It seems to be dragging Black across areas of my prints. Even where the wheels are? There are no marks or ink on the wheels. There are no threads or fuzz on the heads. I even placed static gaurd line across the back material I purchased a few years back.
I have the room regulated with heat as usual. I have been printing for over a decade and this is a first this year to me..... Puzzled.
See images.

Please help if you have a tip.

* I have cleaned the decoder strip.
* slowed the print speed and it's a little better...
* room temp at 70
* Humidity at 26
* machine is on Anti static matte
* Anti static string behind and in front of media prior to going into the unit.

Thank you
Anthony
How old is your black printhead? The overspray around the black suggest worn out head, perhaps misfiring, causing the bars. Also the humitidy should be over 40%.

woolly

as said humidity very low which will cause static issues which that fault looks like
interesting you are using middle rollers we only do that if printing heavy banner

Andy D

Is that where your pinch rollers are? If so, you need to clean them.
Or if your ink isn't 100% cured, the pinch rollers are picking up the black
when It's going back to cut.

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Looks like head scraping but I dont know what material you're using and the heat level. Could be material is not laying flat. Could try raising the head to alleviate that.

Hello, Not only where the pinch rollers are but random spaces as well.
I have it not rolling back over the print. Just printing and it leaves a trail.

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
How old is your black printhead? The overspray around the black suggest worn out head, perhaps misfiring, causing the bars. Also the humitidy should be over 40%.

As for the print head age. About 3 years old. But it's doing it on both the printers not just one.
I have a humidifier in the room trying to boost it up but I can get it to 28 and sometimes 30 only.

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber

I am using oracal 3551 GRA GLOSS.
It's not scraping at all.
It just puts a mist of oversray in randowm places or where the wheels tracked prior.
I cleaned the wheels and decoder strip as well.

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
as said humidity very low which will cause static issues which that fault looks like
interesting you are using middle rollers we only do that if printing heavy banner

Even if I move the rollers away I am still getting the over spray tracking elsewhere in the prints. Sometimes cyan and sometimes black... Totally frustrated. This is on both units and started at the same time a month ago. But some days it's fine and others just suck.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it's happening on both machines at the same time I would be leaning more towards environment or you have bad ink.

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
If it's happening on both machines at the same time I would be leaning more towards environment or you have bad ink.

I FEEL THIS HAS TO BE IT AS WELL.
THANK FOR THE HELP.
Just weird at this point on both machines and suddenly start happening.
Guess I am going to have to flush the units at this point.
Will Just flushing work?
Regards, Anthony

chevrolet

We've got the exact same problem, started a couple weeks ago (when furnace usage went up).
It happens on Oracal 3951 but I have not seen it on other vinyls.
Nazdar rep was here yesterday to replace the XR640's head for another issue.
I showed him the problem. He has seen it before - STATIC.
Higher room humidity will solve it.
Roland static problem.jpg