• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540i wired misting over spray problem

Biggermens

Hello Everyone

I am stumped with this one, its pretty wired, seams to happen were the wheels are and worse on 3M 40C usually when i print 100% black, can hardly tell looks like the yellow is doing it also
I am using Marabu inks that i got from my Roland dealer, not sure its the ink, a few of my buddy's use the same ink in there Roland and seams like they are not getting that problem,

Anyone have any ideas ??

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_3473.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 981
  • IMG_3474.jpg
    IMG_3474.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 233

Biggermens

That is what i am thinking but the Roland dealer i got the ink from says no,
I pretty much totally restored the machine, new heads, cap tops, wipers, dampers, all new lines etc..
and it seams worse with the 3M 40C then anything else i use, I managed to get my jobs don't to a acceptable level
The Yellow i left at 100% and the black i used RGB black instead of solid 100%, and i removed all the wheels but the outside ones
people told me your wheels are dirty etc... they are brand new wheels, and the marks happen while its printing
the wheels do not go over the print after,

I am guessing maybe conditions might be part of that,
What would be optimal conditions for this printer to run perfect ???

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone

I am stumped with this one, its pretty wired, seams to happen were the wheels are and worse on 3M 40C usually when i print 100% black, can hardly tell looks like the yellow is doing it also
I am using Marabu inks that i got from my Roland dealer, not sure its the ink, a few of my buddy's use the same ink in there Roland and seams like they are not getting that problem,

Anyone have any ideas ??

Thanks

Hi,

I am having the same issues with both my XC 540 pro III machines!
Same shit with the wheel tracks and fuzzy edges.

I think someone posted it was the 3rd party inks at this point. I have been using Nazdar for 2 years now no issues till the past 2 months.
I have been going nuts. Changed so many things and anti static matt, lines, material, etc,

If you want to talk feel free to call me 973-575-0082 Anthony

https://signs101.com/threads/help-w...nd-soljet-pro-iii-xc-540.157412/#post-1463917

Last edited:

Biggermens

I am guessing it might be static, i have some that looks like it cracking, i have to find it in the garbage and post a picture

Do you get different effects with different materials ??

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
I am guessing it might be static, i have some that looks like it cracking, i have to find it in the garbage and post a picture

Do you get different effects with different materials ??

Mostly over spray fuzzy edges and things that look like tank tracks.

Biggermens

It weird, i noticed if i change my black in versaworks to C0% M0% y0% K100% it is really bad, but if i use simple RGB black i still get a bit of misting around the edges but makes most jobs acceptable
but i do have to remove all the wheels,
I have a few things i will try and i will keep you posted.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Try head height to high. Print unidirectional. also can I see a nozzle check?

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Try head height to high. Print unidirectional. also can I see a nozzle check?

Hello, Here is the test pattern.
Also,
I got the humidity up in the room with a 2nd humidifier to 35%
AND I removed the center media wheels from printing.

Seems to work now....

Attachments

• test pattern.jpg
    test pattern.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 203

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
If you could try switching to OEM inks it would be good to see.

That's my last option.
I've been using these and talked to there tech support. The product hasn't changed for years. So the issue is new and has to be environment or something else

Biggermens

Hey Anthony
I did a job today on some cheep Drytac mat finish today with lots of black
no problems not over spray temperature was about 20oC and around 40%rh

That happens to me pretty much just with 3M
Are you machines grounded properly ??

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Amazing how weather effects us in our industry. I have everything grounded along with a anti static matt plus the static cords above and below the material. Always this way for years.

But seen a difference after adding an extra humidifier today which got me up to 40 percent.

Running different material tomorrow so we will see what happens next.

Keep you posted.

Glad things got better for you Bigs

Joe House

That's pretty classic static electricity problem. You develop a charge as the vinyl peels off the roll and then you get another charge as the vinyl rolls under the pinch wheels. This can either attract or repel ink from where it's being directed from the jets. Also, different medias generate static at different rates.
Higher humidity will help dissipate the static charge so getting within the manufacturer's recommended environment is helpful. Also, printing in a slower print mode - higher number of passes or using unidirectional printing instead of bidirectional printing or slowing down the carriage speed all help reduce the rate that static will accumulate on the media - this may get you through a period of very low humidity in a pinch, but the best advice is to bring your print environment within spec. At the very least, this will help reduce the number of variables that we have to consider when troubleshooting print problems.

Something like this sitting on your printer is a cheap investment for the peace of mind that knowledge brings.

Good Luck

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Hi Joe,
Thank you for all your knowledge. I do feel taking all those precautions has helped tremendously. I did add those humidity meters to both printers so we can see where the room numbers are.

Guess I just have to keep this up for now till things change a bit.

Enjoy the weekend and thanks again.

Anthony