• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with photo printout

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Oooh goody the God of printing has spoken in his classic condescending tone. You really are a piece of work.

Yep..... he pops in and gives some other things to try while at the same time calling everyone else who made suggestions idiots. I'm starting to see why he irritates so many here at times. Its just as easy to pitch in your two cents while not being an a$$h**e to others whose suggestions you disagree with.

Anyways on topic, the last resort I'd try would be to rasterize the whole thing in Photoshop then maybe manually lighten the bad spots with the dodge tool and save the whole deal as a flattened RGB tiff.

synergy_jim

Photoshop CC will double and sometimes quadruple size with pretty good accuracy if you use the right method. Try Bicubic Smoother

scrip

hi there,

let's say the image is the biggest you can buy at getty that would be 5336dpi x 4000dpi
so you could print a pretty descent image of 53 inchs by 40 inches at 100 dpi native (before "playing" with interpolation)

may be the black you have in your 9800 photo black or matte black can make a difference
epson driver? version 6.5
the paper type and selection will make a huge difference
also in print quality you can go into the quality option and check edge smoothing and finest details

good luck!

TammieH

To me it looks like someone did some lousy editing in Photoshop or similar, I would do a full size partial crop of the image, print and show that
to your customer.

Have you seen the original downloaded image or is this it?

BobCap

hi there,

let's say the image is the biggest you can buy at getty that would be 5336dpi x 4000dpi
so you could print a pretty descent image of 53 inchs by 40 inches at 100 dpi native (before "playing" with interpolation)

may be the black you have in your 9800 photo black or matte black can make a difference
epson driver? version 6.5
the paper type and selection will make a huge difference
also in print quality you can go into the quality option and check edge smoothing and finest details

good luck!

I was able to download the original photo from getty

I tried the settings under quality. No difference.

I did another profile just to be sure. No difference.

Downloaded Epson Overdrive RIP. No difference.

However it looks fine on the screen.

I did also try a printout to our Xerox 560 of the raw photo..It printed correctly.

It's leaning more to something with the Epson 9800..

Hmmmm

BobCap

To me it looks like someone did some lousy editing in Photoshop or similar, I would do a full size partial crop of the image, print and show that
to your customer.

Have you seen the original downloaded image or is this it?

I have shown it to my client...

They don't like it either.

bttweb

Bob

here are the results of my test print

testprint.jpg

the photo has the focus on the hand and the ruler and the background
including the faces are blurred which you get in a camera shoot with
shallow depth of field. In any case, my test print shows exactly whats in the photo.

i suspect that in your case, you might have printed in CMYK mode. try printing
using RGB files and that will solve it.

BobCap

Did u get it to work. If not try printing in JPG or if in illustrator
make sure it's on RGB mode.

I tried it both from AI and of PS.

Same thing.

Made sure document was set to RGB. Set for no color correction.

The photo is a jpg.

What am I doing wrong?

hansman

Try this..............
Save the file as a Hi Resolution PDF from Illustrator.
Be sure no compression is checked off in the save dialog box.

Now open the PDF in Acrobat Pro. Go to Tools> Advanced editing>Touch Up Object tool> Right Click the image. (This is CS4 and Acrobat 9).
This should open the image in Photoshop.
The image should look the same as the original image. In addition check the image size. Next check the image in seperation view next to the original. Look at the shadow areas and compare the images side by side.........
This should at the least let you know if there is any type of effect applied from within Illustrator.
If there is any difference replace the image with the original.