• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with tagline

ScottyAdams

Hey guys. Like I've said, we're a brand new sign company in California. We need some help with our tagline. First, about us... Our name is Weat Mountain Sign. We are going for a very clean upscale corporate feel and look to our branding. Currently we have "elevating your vision". What do u think of it? Is it effective? Other ideas? Please help. We just can't decide what to do with it. Thanks.

Techman

a tag line should be an audio logo. It should never be cute, catchy, trite, or anything else.
The goal of a tag line is to create conversation and to inspire someone to want to ask you a question.

IE:
We don't make good things. We make good things better.

ScottyAdams

Not to fond of the cutesy or funny style taglines....more so trying to stick to the high end clean corpo feel. We want to be seen as high end. Any thoughts on what we actually currently have or how to jazz it up just a bit? again its, West Mountain Sign..."Elevating your vision."

Marlene

what does your logo look like? how does this fit visually into it? does it enhance it or clutter it up and detract from it? does it help make an image in the logo clear as to what it is such a simple line that represents a mountain? seeing it with the logo would be helpful.

ScottyAdams

what does your logo look like? how does this fit visually into it? does it enhance it or clutter it up and detract from it? does it help make an image in the logo clear as to what it is such a simple line that represents a mountain? seeing it with the logo would be helpful.

Our Logo

Attachments

• WMS.jpg
    WMS.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 65

WestcoastSigns

Not to fond of the cutesy or funny style taglines....more so trying to stick to the high end clean corpo feel. We want to be seen as high end. Any thoughts on what we actually currently have or how to jazz it up just a bit? again its, West Mountain Sign..."Elevating your vision."

West Mountain Sign
"Elevating your brand"

wildside

i would work on that logo before working on a tagline, nothing says high end to me, nothing says mountain to me.....

Marlene

to add a tagline to your logo would clutter it up and add extra elements to it that you don't need. there is no natural place to put a tagline so it would look tacked on. some times extra copy helps fix an imbalance in a design but with your logo it would only create one.

your logo isn't really looking corporate it looks more ski lodge to me. that isn't a bad thing if that is your plan but you might want to re-think it if you are looking for a corporate look. from your logo, I would expect to find lots of sandbalsted, gold leafed signs for restaurants, ski lodges and such