• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Uni-Directional printing

Artist369

Im trying to switch my jv3 to uni-directional printing, but it still prints going left and right. I went into setup>select type1> print mode>direction>and changed it to print uni-d. Is there something else that i need to change?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try changing the setting in your RIP. It should be an option in the profile section or printer settings section. You probably have the printer set up to revert to the computer rather than have the machine override the computer settings.

Auburnpeanut

Im using Onyx 10

Here is a pdf file of the window where you can change the print settings for onyx rip. Look here to check out what VanderJ was saying. We use flexi and sometimes it will glitch and revert a setting back to a default. Not sure if onyx has that problem or not but check here to see. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Onyx 10 rip settings.pdf
    120.5 KB · Views: 180

ryanobeirne

Definitely change your print direction in your RIP. That would be the easiest way. Alternatively, although I'm not sure about the JV3, but on the JV33, you can change the priority of the Print Mode from "All Panel," "All Host," or "Individually."

Choose FUNCTION > SETUP > PRIORITY

All Panel = All settings controlled by the printer's front panel
All Host = All settings controlled by the RIP
Individually = All settings controlled on an itemized basis (MEDIA COMP. / HEATER / PRINT MODE / INK LAYERS / DRYING TIME / AUTO CUT / PRE-FEED / MARGIN / COLOR PATTERN / REFRESH / VACUUM / FeedSPEED LEVEL). You can choose whether each setting is controlled by the printer's front panel or the RIP.