• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

here are some business card fronts for you to unleash your wrath on

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Maybe I missed something. The post says business cards, but the logo keeps changing.

1. design logo
2. design business card
3. ?????
4. profit

Marlene

love the bottom one Phillip. change out the "design works" with "wraps" so not to confuse people and lead them on that you are a design studio and try that direction

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Seriously, design a logo first, either that or come up with something you like and can use for everything, doesn't need to be complex ... or grungy. Personally I don't see grunge text working for this layout EVER. come up with an idea and stick with it like you are branding yourself for a market ... use that style on everything you put out ...

Name sucks though. Just saying.

I actually see more propaganda inspired designs coming from that name than the "I want something cool so lets grunge this design up like a 14 year old kid who got pirated photoshop for the first time."

russian propaganda style would probably work ... bright colors, bold squared text, certain amount of hand made quality to it and striking imagery.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=russian+propaganda+posters

Stuff that is a little more modern and less russian ... all the same though ... bold use of typography with emphasis on the message ... go for the same gusto if you're going to use such a mundane name.
http://blog.uprinting.com/inspiration-and-propaganda-30-influential-statement-posters/

signswi

Seriously hire a brand designer even great identity agencies often hire outside brand designers to brand their agency. Beyond the fact that your stuff is horrible and not design it's really hard to design objectively for yourself or your own business anyway. Call Dan Antonelli.

It's great to be learning as you go but don't mess around and start your entire company off on the wrong foot. Learn on other, less critical things. I mean if you haven't even developed your logo and you're designing a business card you have the cart before the horse already.

jmag215

Here is another attempt, used the layout that neato came up with. I am going to guess that the problems with this one are that the white clashes with the design works and makes it hard to read and that my name and number are to contrasting compared to the rest and kind of lead the eye away to much. but go ahead and let me know again thanks. (p.s. name is what it is so please quit hustling me about how dumb it is, thanks)

Attachments

• GLOWING CARD A.jpg
    GLOWING CARD A.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 81

Salmoneye

The name might appeal to your bros or the sideways, flat billed hat wearing wrap installers but it is going to appeal to very few business owners in need of marketing assistance done by a professional. I don't thing sign shops need to look stiff but I am always amazed at the use of grunge, skulls, flames, and just plain unprofessional high school looking, skater type art. Look like the stuff that you want to produce as opposed to the stuff we try to fix. Not trying to be a p***k here but just look at the ludicrous stuff shown at fashion shows then look at what the actual designer is wearing, they will be wearing timeless classic attire and wouldn't be caught dead in what they are showing. 2cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

OK it is better than your other attempts but I would hire Phillip and be done with it.
Take away your special effects and all you have is a name crammed too close to the top and edges. All I see is AYHE.
The white does stand out...in a good way. That's called contrast.
It's actually the only thing you can almost read from the thumbnail, which is always the best squint test.
I would also take Marlene's advice about using the word Wraps (although many people do not know what they are) because Design Works does not "go" with the name Mayhem.
I like Salmoneye's advice too.

SignManiac

Trust me, if we were "hustling" you, you would be broke by now. So I will not "hassle" you any further regarding your name. Your mind is made up, so on that note I will not waste any more time giving you advice on the subject. Are you sure that it's not insurance you should be selling?

Jillbeans

OK here is a 5-minute quickie suggestion for the card front.
Put the rest of the info on the back.
May be a bit too Party City looking in the background but that's all I have using the Village People clip art variety pack.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 72

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like Maniac said..... I'll not hassle you about your name either, but then why should we.... you can't read it anyway.

In your latest attempt.... do you really think people are gonna study a business card as closely as you have made it out to be ?? Your attempts thus far have been from the very hard to read and understand to the hardest thing to read that I've seen in a long long time.

Have you ever read a trade magazine or a coupon clipper magazine ?? Would you ever buy anything from an ad in which the colors and type are so fierce, you cannot read anything, thus making you anxious to buy from that business ??

C'mon, just use your head for a moment. You're looking at this stuff on a huge monitor and looking at it for minutes, if not hours. Most of the time when one hands out a business card.... the person has a second or two to read it and if they have to stand there for five minutes, trying to figure out what is written in a few words.... what does that tell your potential customer about your designing skills if you can't get off of square one with your own identity card ??

Use some of the hints and ideas from this place, but the main one, regardless if you HAVE to use that name or not.... at least make it recognizable for good reasons and not something someone would remember because it's so awful looking.

I feel like your most recent one is a movie prop, it really doesn't look professional at all.

Why not try something a bit more simple, take out all the 'flashy' effects, and have your name and information on there only. I think your trying to tell your design 'techniques' in the wrong way on your business card. And that isn't the purpose of a business card, they are there so people know how to contact you... that's it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

:banghead: dude, you went from straight copying the entire premise of another card design to just going horrible with it. I'm sure you've watched A Wondeful Life ... so I'll assume you get this next part. Every card you design, a graphic designer loses a pinky finger.