• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here is another

laserman70

Hate how the pizza on both sides of the P

Attachments

• LOGOFINALicon3.jpg
    LOGOFINALicon3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 63

laserman70

:U Rock::U Rock::U Rock:
Jill,
Your the best thanks for all your help. Hopefully someday you wont have to hold me by the hand through this all. lol
I appreciate it, I really do
Thank you

Attachments

• LOGOFINALicon3.jpg
    LOGOFINALicon3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 58

Colin

Rule number one when it comes to logos for food related businesses:

Don't use black. Stick to warm colors.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not too sure on that Colin..... try telling that to Pizza Hut, Uno and TGIF to name a few.

Jillbeans

Like the skyline, it doesn't need the lettering.
I like the black name because it relates to the regionally perceived "Pittsburgh" colors.
PS
The chef and the pizza make you know that it's for a food place.

Tiki

Font Sage
Another idea using a Simple Skyline maybe a pizza shape skyline with a slice on the side :corndog:

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 91

SignosaurusRex

What caught my eye first...... lines of italicized copy need to all be the same degree or angle. Beyond that, I lost my appetite.

signmeup

"Hate how the pizza (looks) on both sides of the P" (Quote from post#43)

Putting the pizza in front of the P is a trick to add to the illusion of depth that you started with the drop shadow on the chef. Compare post #43 to post #36. In #43 something just doesn't seem right as you said. Your brain can't quite reconcile the 3D in the wrong order. Pretend you are going to carve a 3D version of this sign. How would you do it with the text in front of the pizza? Reducing the size of the chef would add emphasis to your text and reduce the amount of the P that the pizza covers while still maintaining the effect of depth.

Last edited:

Colin

Not too sure on that Colin..... try telling that to Pizza Hut, Uno and TGIF to name a few.

While you have provided a few examples of restaurants which have used some black within their logo (notice that they did use warm colors as I suggested), this does not refute the widely accepted, agreed upon and taught idea that black, or the dominance of black, should generally be avoided, in food related presentation. There are of course exceptions to this, like a high-end, minimalist look for a downtown French restaurant for example could get away with it, but I think that the reasons for the preference for warm colors in this particualr application is twofold:

One, is that traditionally, black has been associated with death. Not exactly appetizing. Two, warm colors harken back to, and trigger those ancient, established neuropathways in our brains which accociate warm colors with fire; fire which we used whenever a kill was made and it was time to eat.

I believe that this is why warm colors are, and should be used in the vast majority of food related logos.

Following the same rationale as stated above, cold colors are also to be avoided - with the exception of say, a Greek restaurant (blue & white) which has more to do with nationality and flag colors.