• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's a New One for You....Maybe

LINE-X

I'm a LINE-X dealer, we install spray-on bedliners in trucks and we also apply LINE-X to many other things. We have a new product being launched soon that will allow me to seal a graphic into the bedliner. The product is a clear polyaspartic called Aspart-X that is sprayed on top of the graphic, think of it as a clear coat.

The process will be:
1. Spray the bedliner.
2. Place the graphic on the bedliner.
3. Spray Aspart-X.

I'm interested in being able to create the graphics at my shop. I'm a TOTAL newbie in this regard. I have no idea what software or equipment to search for. All I can tell you is that most likely, the graphic will need to be the backwindow perf. vinyl that's 70/30 or maybe 50/50. I figure, once I learn the process, I could perhaps offer other types of vehicle graphics.

So, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction!

signage

Welcome to the forums from PA. (OlllllO)

Now my question would be why would you want to use window perf. in the bed?

Marlene

Hi. it sound like you would be better off subbing out that work as there's a whole lot more to making a good graphic than just buying software and equipment. what you are doing sounds like a cool idea and you wouldn't want to blow it with unprofessional looking stuff.

LINE-X

The perf would (probably) allow the clearcoat to go beneath the graphic which would minimize air bubbles and better seal in the graphic. It might also prevent the graphic from possibly floating up.

signage

One thing to think of is the clear may bite too hard into the vinyl and distort it! Also the carriers in the clear my be too harsh and cause the inks to re-wet and run together!

We have done quite a bit of printing on polyester for encapsulation into floors..... Similar?

Attachments

• Floor.jpg
    Floor.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 129

LINE-X

Graphics can be applied to LINE-X, see below. However, these do not have the polyaspartic sprayed on them. So, it can be done, but I'm interested in creating them myself.

Attachments

• line x 1.jpg
    line x 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 72
  • line x 2.jpg
    line x 2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

yahhoo

ok..the Roland Versacamm print/cut is about $16kUSD..30" the 54" about 40k
laminator 3-4k.....ink $500 a set....vinyl $150-400 per roll and dont forget the sign design software 3keach...so if it is just a hobby...pick something more fun thats cheaper (unless you're rich) hehe years of learning too etc...if it is just for marking your own product...on a part of the truck that is rarely seen by others...then sub it out.
yes i agree the perf. sounds like it will fail.

dwt

It's been done already. Cut or print, lay graphic, use heat gun and rivet brush, cover with clear coat, wait for failure in 2-3 years. When that happens top coat with fresh liner and begin again.

Speed Liner products (polyurethane) will allow you to use ppg colorant to spray with a reverse stencil.

I've also used aggressive oil base paints to bond with conventional liners to add a splash of color after the curing time.

yep nothing new here. just make sure you test on something other than someones vehicle until you find the correct combination for your application.

if your decals do not need to be larger than 11.5" in width the gerber edge may be a good option for you.

washingtonsignguy

I know spray in liners are used for many applications, but the bottom of a bedliner seems like a strange place to advertise. Great for helicopters and small planes i guess. lol