• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hexis, Avery, or 3M?

Which brand for Cast for use on Vehicles, printed with Roland EcoSolMax

• 3M

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Avery

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 3M

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep 1 day is fine.... If you are doing something with little ink coverage I often only wait an hour or two. Full coverage print I do try to wait at least overnight before laminating though.

thanks guys you've all been very helpful. am gonna try this 180cv3 stuff and the 3M laminate.

what do you recommend for outgassing time before lam? 1 day enough like my usual stuff?

Kyle Blue

Has anyone used 8519 Lustre lam with the 180cv3? My supplier has a special on at the moment with a film/lam combo.

8519 is what we use and we like it and have never had any complaints. We've never tried anything else, but I guess "if it ain't broke..."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So far it's 78% for 3M, with 3M coming in second with 22% and A V E R Y coming in last with no votes. Could've predicted the last one.

Custom_Grafx

So far it's 78% for 3M, with 3M coming in second with 22% and A V E R Y coming in last with no votes. Could've predicted the last one.

LOL sorry Gino, that 3rd one was supposed to be Hexis... my bad. But I think the results speak for themselves in any case - I'm gonna go with 3M for cast, I'll stick to Aslan for my polymeric, and I am using a really good high tack hexis at the moment for little stickers - and I have a really cheap monomeric I use for temporary stuff. Funny... I started off with only Avery... now I only use them for their colour vinyl.

Custom_Grafx

I will have to say I didn't experience anything bad with avery - I just found that their prices were a bit out of line for what I was getting. I never felt that it was anything special (i have only tried mpi2000 and 2040)... The only thing i did find was good for the money was mpi 3001 removable. good to print on and pretty cheap.