Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Spud, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Spud

Spud Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Hey!

My name's Spud. I'm from Texas and 21 years old. I've been in the sign business since I was eh, about 14. I actually started my own company back then with my father's help, then went to move on to work for a franchise company. I still do ALOT of individual jobs, graphics, etc.

Later this year I plan to open my own sign company and next month my graphic design website.

I've designed/produced signs for the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Irving, Tx., Sprint retailers state-wide, up to full vehicle wraps around the metroplex, as other numerous jobs from small to huge. We specialize in ACCUFORM safety signs, etc.. Oilfield companies are a major player for us.

I currently work with about four different machines at the company and out of home.

At the shop I work with vinyl cutting and digital printing/cutting. We use a Roland Pro II V SC-545EX, and a Graphtec pro fc5100-75. At home I have two 24" cutters, my first VE LYNKX-S60 that got me in the biz, and a VE Panther 24".

I've been doing overlays, vinyl, etc for YEARS since I was 14, but since last june i've been doing the digital printing - and it's amazing.

I'm still learning alot about the actual color values and matching since illustrator and flexi don't play nice together. But it's fun and I love it.

Anyways if there's anything else ask away! I hope to have pictures, ask for help, offer help, etc as of finding this board!

Tags:
  2. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Welcome to Signs101! Its a great place to learn!

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Welcome aboard:thumb:

5. Spud

Spud Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Hey Guys! Thanks for the Hellos! Added some pics to member gallery, only ones I have access to right this second! Check em out!

6. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas
    "Welcome" from a neighbor.

7. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

8. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Bonjour de Montréal, Spud :Canada 2:

9. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Another welcome from PA

10. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Welcome from PA

11. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Welcome from PA (also).... nice pics Spud.

12. njsigns

njsigns Very Active Member

May 25, 2005
    Welcome from NJ - I'm right next to PA and once lived in Philadelphia - I guess the old PA license plate was true...

"You have a friend in Pennsylvania"

Gene

13. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Welcome from Oklahoma! Spud

:Welcome: to :signs101:

14. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    Sounds like you will be someone to watch in this industry. Good luck!

15. signs2trade

signs2trade Active Member

Welcome Aboard....just Curious...if Your Working For A Sign Company Full Time As I Understand It Does Your Boss Know Your In The Sign Business On The Side? Where Do You Get Your Customers?

16. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA...............

17. Spud

Spud Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Yes actually he does. Any small jobs - you know family, old customers, etc i'll do or if we don't have time at the shop i'll cut some vinyl at home. Me and the owner actually have a really good relationship so it works out.

But by no means am I cutting customers under their feet. Plus i'm bringing alot of my customers into digital printing, etc. So it works out nice.

18. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Welcome from Jersey!