• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey All!

Spud

Hey!

My name's Spud. I'm from Texas and 21 years old. I've been in the sign business since I was eh, about 14. I actually started my own company back then with my father's help, then went to move on to work for a franchise company. I still do ALOT of individual jobs, graphics, etc.

Later this year I plan to open my own sign company and next month my graphic design website.

I've designed/produced signs for the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Irving, Tx., Sprint retailers state-wide, up to full vehicle wraps around the metroplex, as other numerous jobs from small to huge. We specialize in ACCUFORM safety signs, etc.. Oilfield companies are a major player for us.

I currently work with about four different machines at the company and out of home.

At the shop I work with vinyl cutting and digital printing/cutting. We use a Roland Pro II V SC-545EX, and a Graphtec pro fc5100-75. At home I have two 24" cutters, my first VE LYNKX-S60 that got me in the biz, and a VE Panther 24".

I've been doing overlays, vinyl, etc for YEARS since I was 14, but since last june i've been doing the digital printing - and it's amazing.

I'm still learning alot about the actual color values and matching since illustrator and flexi don't play nice together. But it's fun and I love it.

Anyways if there's anything else ask away! I hope to have pictures, ask for help, offer help, etc as of finding this board!

Spud

Hey Guys! Thanks for the Hellos! Added some pics to member gallery, only ones I have access to right this second! Check em out!

njsigns

Welcome from NJ - I'm right next to PA and once lived in Philadelphia - I guess the old PA license plate was true...

"You have a friend in Pennsylvania"

Gene

signs2trade

Welcome Aboard....just Curious...if Your Working For A Sign Company Full Time As I Understand It Does Your Boss Know Your In The Sign Business On The Side? Where Do You Get Your Customers?

Spud

Welcome Aboard....just Curious...if Your Working For A Sign Company Full Time As I Understand It Does Your Boss Know Your In The Sign Business On The Side? Where Do You Get Your Customers?

Yes actually he does. Any small jobs - you know family, old customers, etc i'll do or if we don't have time at the shop i'll cut some vinyl at home. Me and the owner actually have a really good relationship so it works out.

But by no means am I cutting customers under their feet. Plus i'm bringing alot of my customers into digital printing, etc. So it works out nice.