• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Fred........................

threeputt

And then there's the whole comma thing.

As you know, I, and a few others, are among those persons requesting clarity, but not expecting such, due to the total misuse, and dare I say over-use, of the diminutive comma.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
look what you started Gino.

Well, I was really talking about not knowing what words to write to get one's point across such as in all of the examples shown. That in itself will exhibit some spelling errors, to some degree, but does the author of all these misspelled words really know the difference ?? Simply misspelling a word here or there was not at all my concern. That's a given.

Actually, it's no skin off my nose. For the most part, I can talk with anyone on just about any level. It's the other poor saps that honestly don't know the differences of many of these words and other words not mentioned. Do you know how silly and stupid someone sounds using the wrong words here or there ?? Or.... how it looks in your quotes or letters back and forth ?? It was merely an exercise in trying to raise the bar a little for those that are supposedly in the communications field and cannot communicate in some of the most basic or simple arenas.

Cry fouls all ya want. When someone is trying to help, why fight something when you know it's true ??
:covereyes:

Like Fred said, the same goes for using a tape measure, counting change at a cash register or just plain common sense in general. When you have a weakness, why is it so hard to try to improve yourself ?? It is at the most basic level of communications.​

HulkSmash

Well, I was really talking about not knowing what words to write to get one's point across such as in all of the examples shown. That in itself will exhibit some spelling errors, to some degree, but does the author of all these misspelled words really know the difference ?? Simply misspelling a word here or there was not at all my concern. That's a given.

Actually, it's no skin off my nose. For the most part, I can talk with anyone on just about any level. It's the other poor saps that honestly don't know the differences of many of these words and other words not mentioned. Do you know how silly and stupid someone sounds using the wrong words here or there ?? Or.... how it looks in your quotes or letters back and forth ?? It was merely an exercise in trying to raise the bar a little for those that are supposedly in the communications field and cannot communicate in some of the most basic or simple arenas.

Cry fouls all ya want. When someone is trying to help, why fight something when you know it's true ??
:covereyes:

Like Fred said, the same goes for using a tape measure, counting change at a cash register or just plain common sense in general. When you have a weakness, why is it so hard to try to improve yourself ?? It is at the most basic level of communications.​

I actually completely agree. misspelling is much different then using the wrong word as a whole in general. I feel like an idiot when i make those mistakes....

But what i meant by, "look what you started" was in reference to a troll fest that you most likely sparked. I'm all for it!:supersmilie:

btropical.com

turd burglAr
A rude term describing a homosexual man. It specifically refers to his prediliction for anal sex. Its usage is similar to butt pirate

turd burgler
When you are taking a crap in a public restroom and someone tries to come into your stall, even though its locked they try forcing their way in because they dont know you are there

ova

Facinate

Teacher: Class, I want you to say a sentence using the word facinate.

Mary: We went to Yellow Stone Park on vacation this summer and it was really facinating.

Teacher: That was good Mary, but I wanted the word facinate, not facinating. Anyone else?

Susie: We went to Washington DC this summer and I was really facinated by all the monuments.

Teacher: That was good also Susie, but we still haven't used just the word facinate.

Johnny: My sister has a bra that has ten fastners, but her boobs are so big she can only fasten eight.

Dave

Last edited:

Ken

"I actually completely agree. misspelling is much different then using the wrong word as a whole in general. I feel like an idiot when i make those mistakes...."

Yes..my post (above)was not without error also.

Border

I like how the title of the thread gives absolutely NO clue as to the content of the thread. If ya wanna be picky about spellin' being an annoyance, how about starting with a thread title about spellin'....or poor grammar, or anything rather than "Hey Fred...............??"

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Grammar & spelling thread...... think I will go and hide out in some other thread with Old Paint.

wayne k
guam usa