Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, what happened to my printer properties

Discussion in 'Roland' started by deep six, Mar 15, 2011.

1. deep six

deep six Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Newcastle
    Please help, I previously had a setting in print properties (colorip-SP300) that allowed a pause between printing, it was a value of seconds you could set. It caused the print head to pause.
    I found it useful when printing out decals with dark colours. It allowed the ink to set a little and stopped a problem I was having with bleed.
    Now I can't find the setting anymore. I have reloaded colorip recently so maybe this is where the problem lies. I just tried to find an upgrade for colorip and found something that upgrades to ver 2.0a but it was a dead link.
    I'm scratching my head, the current print job has a very fine design and a lot of black, the small design is getting swallowed up by the black. I tried bumping up the heaters and also set the print head to Uni-directional which helped a bit but still not good.

Tags:
  2. dhawkes

dhawkes Wide Format Fan

Hello DS,

I don't know wnough about this feature to help you. You might want to bounce it off your Roland Dealer. If that doesn't work, you can also try the Roland Email support page: http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/email/

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dave Hawkes
    Group Product Manager
    Roland DGA

3. bbeens

bbeens Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Deep Six-

I believe the control you are talking about is 'Time Between Passes (sec)'. In Colorip go to Print -> Setup -> Edit -> Properties. The control should be on the first tab that is visible. Set the value to be the time you want to delay before the next pass starts.

Bryan

4. deep six

deep six Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Newcastle
    Thanks guys, will give both your suggestions a try

Cheers