• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Hi All - Looking for some advice on new Roland Printer

Wich Print and Cut machine should i buy

• Total voters

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Dear PPP,

Was interested in knowing your review about this machine. We have a VP540i which is 7 years old now.

We need to upgrade and wanted an opinion from a VG640 owner. We plan to use in CMYKLcLmLk config.

How is the ink usage, head performance, importantly print & cut alignment, can I do some fine adjustment while the cutting operation is happening during a job run (example for a 10ft print & cut job).

Thanks a lot
Rahul from sunderella.com

You might want to consider a stand alone cutter to do what you want to do.

DJr

I have this machine same ink configuration and the print quality is second to none. Not sure about the cut adjustment on the fly never tried that. However the machine has to be cleaned minimum once a week or you will have ink crusting solid on the heads. Inks dry much faster than previous models but the good news is that it notifies you when to clean and as long as you stick to the recommended schedule you'll be fine. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink Pig Print

You might want to consider a stand alone cutter to do what you want to do.
Hi.
I have had the VG-640 for a few months now, and find it easy to use and setup for each print and cut jobs. i have done many 2-meter x 1300m sheets of stickers with 100's of stickers per sheet some stickers as small as 20mm x 20mm and it as performed well re the cut. we have also done many 3m x 900mm floor graphics. with print, laminate and cut, and even using the cut reg marks and putting the print back in the printer after lamination it as performed well when cutting.
re-ink usage when printing i is very good on ink per print job and we seem to get a lot of prints out of each cartridge. But if you are not using the printer to print every day you will find it will use a lot of ink when it keeps cleaning. i had a week off and when i returned it had filled the drain bottle to the top. now that is a waste.
That is my only issue with the VG-604 to date.