• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi, got a couple questions....

JMDigital

What software are you useing to print? The Chroma 24 was my first printer way back when.. I did get some great results from it. I know it may sound like overkill but FlexiSign really kicked that printer up a notch.. and when you get a bigger new printer it will work for it to...

::ONEBADBUG::

What software are you useing to print? The Chroma 24 was my first printer way back when.. I did get some great results from it. I know it may sound like overkill but FlexiSign really kicked that printer up a notch.. and when you get a bigger new printer it will work for it to...
I use flexi7 here for my plotter but I got an issue on the network when I tried to run both the printer and plotter off an A/B switch on our network..

So for right now I just have it hooked up to my laptop and am just printing straight out from Micrografx windows Draw6 and it's sister program PP8. I do have CS2 on it as well but I just fraking hate all of adobes products... seems like anything special you want to do with anything that has the name adobe on it always minds being a $20 fee to get some update or new effect feature turned on in it when in MGX I can just make it do whatever I want..

And god yes! I do love flexi7 though...

If I had my camera here at the shop I would post up a few pics of what I have run off so far.. Might even impress a few people for being such a noob with it....:thumb:

paul luszcz

Ian has the right idea, but total ink of 455 is pretty high.

Every printer/RIP is different, but you're looking for a CMYK formula that totals between 200 and 300. C=60, M=70, Y=60, K=80 totals 270 and is a good starting point.

::ONEBADBUG::

Mybe I should ask this a second way..

Is black a color that is meant to be made through a combination of color or is the black cart dedicated to supplying black soley on it own...
not sure if that makes sense but I think you know what I mean...

As an example...

When I do a prime test on the carts it lays all the colors down CMYK in their respective stripes and all firing patterns are perfect.. but when I am looking at the black stripe that it makes in the prime test should this prime strip be absolute black or should it be ligtened as it prints as more of a gray and not what I would consider to be 100% black... and it is a mactch to the way the other prime stipes are sprayed, they all seem to be a lightened shade of their respective color...

Was wondering if maybe the cart is bad but this is third new one I have put in so I cant imagine 3 being bad in a row, and thay all do the same identical thing when installed. Of the 4 new carts I installed C,M & Y were filled from un-opened 500ml bottles, the black though I only have 30ml syringe bottles to fill it with they are unopened but makes me wonder since I am having no issue with any of the other colors.

Could ink be bad maybe?

...or is this just how it happens to do it from the black end in printing larger.

Is this making sense?

Rod

Using K=100 and adding CMY for greater saturation

::ONEBADBUG:: said:
Mybe I should ask this a second way..

Is black a color that is meant to be made through a combination of color or is the black cart dedicated to supplying black soley on it own...
not sure if that makes sense but I think you know what I mean...

Using the K channel alone will produce a better quality black than had you mixed just equal portions of CMY. The concern is that only mixing equal portions of CMY will actually produce more of a brown.

Some of the advice given to you here has been to print K=100, with additional (equal) portions of CMY to produce greater saturation (i.e., a deeper black). This is valid, though take heed of Paul's warning to avoid laying down such a volume of ink that bleeding occurs.

Cheers,

Rod