• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi I'm New and Looking for a L - R fade

Richo88

I found this site today looking for a way to reproduce a dot fade pattern left to right from 100% to 0% 150mm h x 2000mm long can anyone help?:help:

cOrKinSA

Welcome to Signs101.
I guess introductions are a thing of the past now in days and formalities are out the window so to answer your question let me ask you this?
A Gradient fill is what you are looking for but what software are you working with?

MobileImpact

Rich,
I am sorry for the manners (or lack there of) of our members here. I'll tell you how to do the fade in a couple easy steps.

1. Buy a can of Krylon Spray Paint ( What ever color you want)
2. Remove the lid
3. Aim Can and push button down.
4. Don't paint as heavy where you want it to fade.
5. Use a micrometer to measure your dot size.
6. Repeat as needed

I hope this was helpful in achieving the fade your looking for.

In the future- A little more info would help us. Maybe start by telling us who you are. What programs your using and what your trying to accomplish.

Kevin

Techman

he missed it all.
A fade is done by holding the rattle can at an angle. Then the overspray will fade out into nothingness. Thats a proper fade.

d fleming

First put down item to be faded, next get a mouthful of water and do a spit take over the substrate. Now spray the krylon in the air over substrate and allow it to float down to ground. Let dry overnight and not only will it faded, it will look like water.:thread

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA...................

As for doing a fade, there are quite a few means to get it. The ‘Peanut Gallery’ here is steadfast on manners and when one doesn’t use them….. their’s go out the door as well.

Knowing more about your approach will benefit most here. We don’t know if you want to do it in a software program or by hand with a spray gun or brush. Offering us some more details will probably result in some decent answers….. RIGHT GANG ??

At least you’re in this field and not some busybody looking to put this on the stores curtains and too busy to figure it out on your own.

Again….. :Welcome:​