• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi ! New here ! Learning with RVW 300 ip... NEED HELP Please :D !!!

sfr table hockey

Ok then set up the file in Illustrator with the 30 inch areas in mind. Cut them appart later if you have to. Just leave a gap in the layout to let you cut into those 30 inch pages. Do up 5 or 10 or whatever number of those layouts but as one file.

You could even make line as to where to cut them appart

Zazzess

Ok then set up the file in Illustrator with the 30 inch areas in mind. Cut them appart later if you have to. Just leave a gap in the layout to let you cut into those 30 inch pages. Do up 5 or 10 or whatever number of those layouts but as one file.

You could even make line as to where to cut them appart

If I understand you suggest me to set up one page in Ai and then ask RVW as many copy as I need and cut the pages after... Is that it ?

My fear is if my sheet is to long... can't it let place for errors in the CutContour ??

:tongue:

Zazzess

I read you twice table

When you say the cut will be off it means like I say errors in the cutcontour right ?

I'll try as you say and try by the same time to avoid doing that error :)

sfr table hockey

If your printer can print 28" wide then set up in illustrator a file that is 28" wild by what ever length you think the printer can handle. If it can do 5 or 6 feet and still cut accurate then start there. In the file set up however many decals across the 28" area and then as many as you need before you make a space for you to cut later. Then continue the same thing in the file until you fill that file up.

The problem with this it the rip will take longer as it now has to rip 100 or 200 images insead of one but at least you can then add this file several times to make up the qty you need. Still might be 10 or more times.

sfr table hockey

When you say the cut will be off it means like I say errors in the cutcontour right ?

I'll try as you say and try by the same time to avoid doing that error :)

Yes because the rollers roll out the media so far that when it goes to cut, if that media rolls back just a little bit off line then when it cuts the cuts will be gradually worse as the cutting goes. Some printer may do better at this than others. I have only ever tried runs in the 100's and never tested to see how far I could go.

Zazzess

Still wondering...

I'm sure there is a way to cut sheets other than manually...

What is the ''cut image boundaries'' ?? :peace!:

Zazzess

Thanks for helping :D

Yes because the rollers roll out the media so far that when it goes to cut, if that media rolls back just a little bit off line then when it cuts the cuts will be gradually worse as the cutting goes. Some printer may do better at this than others. I have only ever tried runs in the 100's and never tested to see how far I could go.

Yeah sometime its better not to test lol

I did experienced the bad cutting...

sfr table hockey

:Oops:

I was just trying to help...but apparently my suggestion has to be mentioned twice before it works!! :banghead:

Oh well... I'm off to :bushmill:

Pat in VW, will the qty of 120 times print all of them and then cut or will it print one job and cut then go to the second etc up to 120?

sfr table hockey

I'm sure there is a way to cut sheets other than manually...

What is the ''cut image boundaries'' ?? :peace!:

You should be able to sheet cut after each job but if you set up the files (or your job) with multiple sections you will still have to cut some manually.

Zazzess

:Oops:

I was just trying to help...but apparently my suggestion has to be mentioned twice before it works!! :banghead:

Oh well... I'm off to :bushmill:

I did look your suggestion thank you :)
I can't ask the printer to do 120 times the thing because it could endangered the CutContour lol :birthday:

Zazzess

Do we understand each other ;)

You should be able to sheet cut after each job but if you set up the files (or your job) with multiple sections you will still have to cut some manually.

When I say: ''I do manually'' Is that I loaded 25 times a 50 stickers sheet manually :) my poor finger lol :Big Laugh

I would so like to do it another way :)

sfr table hockey

Do a quick test in VW.

Make a file with 10 decals and cut lines and add that to VW. Tell it to do it 2 times. See if the cut happens after the first 10 are printed or does it start after all 20 are printed?

sfr table hockey

When I say: ''I do manually'' Is that I loaded 25 times a 50 stickers sheet manually :) my poor finger lol :Big Laugh

I would so like to do it another way :)

If what you are wanting is to have the printer cut the sheet off after every 50 decals then I am not sure if VW would do the sheet cut and then start on the next batch of 50 etc. Or will the sheet cut only come into play after the entire job was done.

If nothing else I am getting my post count up there..... you too....

Just remember this printing stuff can be fun.....

Zazzess

Day is over :)

Do a quick test in VW.

Make a file with 10 decals and cut lines and add that to VW. Tell it to do it 2 times. See if the cut happens after the first 10 are printed or does it start after all 20 are printed?

Thank you so much for helping me !

All I can do now is let the 25 sheets be printed...

And I'm thinking of doing around 5 runs of those...

I'll be back soon !

Monday morning maybe the latest day I'll come back... ( If I can say this like that :p )

Thanks again so much for your support ! :U Rock:

sfr table hockey

I'm still not sure I'm understanding all correctly...but (I think) to answer your question:

If you send down 5 different jobs 1 after the other....and all the jobs are assigned to print then cut immediately after, it will process one job at a time.

It will print, then cut, each job individually as opposed to doing all the printing then come all the way back to the beginning and do all the cutting.

Hope that answers your question!

That is what I was kind of getting at.

So if you had just one job that had 100 decal and cut lines but you told VW to do it 50 times, would it print 100 and cut, then another 100 etc or would VW print all 5000 and then try to cut all 5000?

And pass the bottle...

Zazzess

Really Nice of you !

If what you are wanting is to have the printer cut the sheet off after every 50 decals then I am not sure if VW would do the sheet cut and then start on the next batch of 50 etc. Or will the sheet cut only come into play after the entire job was done.

If nothing else I am getting my post count up there..... you too....

Just remember this printing stuff can be fun.....

I feel you understood what I meant :)

And I'm so looking forward to have the greatest experiences with the printing and stuff ! I need to remember that learning can be fun and not to be affraid feeling stupid !! Oh dear lol

Thanks a lot !!

Been I pleasure !!

See you soon

Goog luck !!

WEEK END !

:peace!::cool1: :peace!:

Tony McD

Depending on what's in the file like transparencies, drop shadows, etc...
Sometimes I will set the page up in Corel, like 28.5" x 36" or whatever, and fill it up with the decals. Select all the cutlines, group them, and cut them from the page to the clipboard. Export the artwork from the page as a 150dpi jpeg to the desktop. Open a new page the same size, and import the jpeg. Now go to edit > paste to bring back the cutlines and center one over where it needs to cut, which lines up all of them.
This may rip and print a lot faster.

Zazzess

It is nice to be on signs 101 !

I'm still not sure I'm understanding all correctly...but (I think) to answer your question:

If you send down 5 different jobs 1 after the other....and all the jobs are assigned to print then cut immediately after, it will process one job at a time.

It will print, then cut, each job individually as opposed to doing all the printing then come all the way back to the beginning and do all the cutting.

Hope that answers your question!

:U Rock: Thanks for your support !!

sfr table hockey

This may have been more of a case where they wanted to cut each sheet of 50 and then contine to the next 50 untill the 6000 were done so that they did not have to cut into groups of 50. I think....

I was just trying to find out if in VW, when you have one job but tell it to do it 100 times, does it stop to cut after every 50 and do a sheet cut, or not.

Malkin

This may have been more of a case where they wanted to cut each sheet of 50 and then contine to the next 50 untill the 6000 were done so that they did not have to cut into groups of 50. I think....

I was just trying to find out if in VW, when you have one job but tell it to do it 100 times, does it stop to cut after every 50 and do a sheet cut, or not.

Yes, you can set VW to print a set amount of decals, contour cut them, cut the sheet off, then start on the next set automatically.

I don't have the program here at home, so I can't post screenshots and this is from memory...

1st. VW will only let you print 250 coies of a file in a single run. So you will need to pre-group some of them into a single EPS. I recommend 50 to keep things simple. TIP: When saving the EPS turn the "Preview" to None, it will make the file size MUCH smaller.

2nd. Set the Custom Sheet Size to a size that is just slightly longer than the 50 decals (single file) will need.

3rd. Set the number of copies. Since the file contains 50 decals, you will need 120 copies. VW will automatically generate additional pages/sheets as needed.

4th. Turn on Cut Sheet after Output (or similar wording).

5th. Double check that your Print & Cut is turned on and correctly set. I would also recommend have a slight pause after printing in case the ink has not quite dried enough, you don't want the rollers to pick up the ink and redeposit it back down.

6th. Rip & Print

7th. Profit.

sfr table hockey

Thank you,

I'm sure they will be glad to hear that if they have not already done it.

They must have been printing "we love PC stickers" ..... Just kidding....