Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Density Urethane adhesive

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ol'phart, Apr 21, 2013.

1. ol'phart

ol'phart Member

May 10, 2011
    Anybody know which adhesive is recommended to glue high density urethane foam 15lb density?

Tags:
  2. Hytek Tools

Hytek Tools Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Baxter, Minnesota
    Hi, I use Gorilla Glue or West System Epoxy for this. Both work well, but with Gorilla you have the expansion and seepage issue as it expands 4 times the volume as it cures.

3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    +1 on gorilla glue - it's what I use, but be watchful of the expansion and I typically use clamps.

4. mrchips

mrchips Member

Nov 21, 2008
    I use the Gorilla glue as well with a healthy dose of water. Spread glue sparingly on one piece and flood the second with water (and I mean FLOOD). clamp together....white beads will appear quickly. The glue will be set in about 1/2 hour when it looses it's "stickiness". Use a putty knife to remove the "beads". Don't wait!!!!! If you do, the glue will tear out some of the foam along the joint when you try to remove it.

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

+1 for Gorilla Glue. There is a low expansion version but I clamp.

6. mrchips

mrchips Member

Nov 21, 2008
    The water leaves a softer glue line that won't show when sanded or blasted...... a little side benny. Joe

7. ol'phart

ol'phart Member

May 10, 2011
    Thanks Folks, I new I could count on you