• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

high temp label-nameplate material

petepaz

anyone know of a material that will with stand 800 degrees of heat. my customer needs service labels for there industrial kitchen equipment.

petepaz

not sure where they are putting them but she said it had to be able to take at least 500 degrees . i found a 3M adhesive i can use i am checking with my plastic and metal suppliers for some temp specs on their materials
thanks

rjssigns

Stainless(11-CR-Cb or 18 SR) or Sandvik's 253 MA or Inconel.

I used to build industrial pollution control equipment in a former life.lol I learned a lot about high heat/corrosion resistant products.

The 253 MA is amazing just not sure how you would get small quantities.

petepaz

thanks for the help but doesn't matter because the customer has requirements that they don't want to pay for. i quoted the job w/ 3m high temp adhesive and .008 alum. (dye and seal) too expensive they said. well the normal $100 roll of labels isn't going to hold up to the conditions where you want to use it sorry.