• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Highlight from ISA

JBurton

Signtologist
Had to pass this sign multiple times on the way to the trade show floor, as did 10k other attendees.
IMG_5754.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:banghead: Are there any sign people who understand typography in this business anymore or are they all just dumb cheap labor ??

JBurton

Signtologist
I really could have spent all day surveying nit picks, but I learned last time I went, just cause it's vegas doesn't mean it will be nice, just expensive... kinda like the food.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I really could have spent all day surveying nit picks, but I learned last time I went, just cause it's vegas doesn't mean it will be nice, just expensive... kinda like the food.
This was our first time staying in Vegas in addition to being our first ISA. Your statement sums up Vegas perfectly.

We were telling someone about the price of the food and they said something about how at least it was good, and we were like um no, not really.

I was really surprised by the amount of sign outages and service needed on the strip.

FASTSIGNS

This is our FASTSIGNS convention laugh. None of these people work for FASTSIGNS. Also in VEGAS in January 2023.

Attachments

• 3DD7DD27-39F9-4B88-A866-32126A682EFB.jpeg
    3DD7DD27-39F9-4B88-A866-32126A682EFB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 137

JBurton

Signtologist
This was our first time staying in Vegas in addition to being our first ISA. Your statement sums up Vegas perfectly.

We were telling someone about the price of the food and they said something about how at least it was good, and we were like um no, not really.

I was really surprised by the amount of sign outages and service needed on the strip.
Ya went this year? I didn't think anybody on here was going. Did y'all at least stop and try that Mexicana BBQ just down the hall from the food court? That was my single best meal, and I got two different expensive ass steaks (one was from the gordon ramsey joint), but the $16 burrito put everything to shame!

Scotchbrite

No comment
Ya went this year? I didn't think anybody on here was going. Did y'all at least stop and try that Mexicana BBQ just down the hall from the food court? That was my single best meal, and I got two different expensive ass steaks (one was from the gordon ramsey joint), but the $16 burrito put everything to shame!
Haha, I thought the same about no one from here going. I commented to my wife there was no discussion about it on S101.

I didn't really notice that Mexican BBQ place until we were headed out Friday. I saw they had chorizo breakfast burritos I wish I had seen sooner. We saved money by only eating 2 meals a day. It also wasn't until the last day that we discovered the vending machine in our hallway and at the Luxor tram stop had $3 waters, gatorades, and sodas. We stayed at Excalibur.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Nothing better than egg and chorizo burritos. Lot of people on the Facebook group went...and showed off the new trucks they bought off the floor. $300k is a pretty penny

JamesLam

You're supposed to offer the workers free coffee after the installation. Lucky it was installed at all.

JR's

More likely than not the mistake was made at the shop on the patent.
I always have a hard time with the S's and forget about capital H's and I's I always muff those up.