• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Highlight from ISA

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Nothing better than egg and chorizo burritos. Lot of people on the Facebook group went...and showed off the new trucks they bought off the floor. $300k is a pretty penny
A friend of mine displayed 2 trucks out there and they sold both. I guess some people go to those shows with the intention of buying?

JBurton

Signtologist
Not enough installers. :D
Well see, the order for the fast signs expo order rolled through with install on the date of the expo, fast signs system kept kicking it around to different fast signs, but since fast signs automatically blacks out fast signs expo dates in their system, all the fast signs were tied up with their fast signs expo. This is how you end up with fat signs doing fast signs work.
or was the bar not open soon enough?
They closed? AFAIK, I could always get a drink or hit a dispensary for that matter!
A friend of mine displayed 2 trucks out there and they sold both. I guess some people go to those shows with the intention of buying?
Who was it? I stopped and chatted with Altec, Elliot, and Wilkie. At Elliot, I talked to a guy for 30 minutes, thanked him for his time, and we just barely remembered to exchange cards. Turned out to be the president... Good guy, knew all his own stuff. Better than most printer salesmen aside from spewing out maximum square footage/hour.
Haha, I thought the same about no one from here going. I commented to my wife there was no discussion about it on S101.

I didn't really notice that Mexican BBQ place until we were headed out Friday. I saw they had chorizo breakfast burritos I wish I had seen sooner. We saved money by only eating 2 meals a day. It also wasn't until the last day that we discovered the vending machine in our hallway and at the Luxor tram stop had $3 waters, gatorades, and sodas. We stayed at Excalibur.
Yeah, the $10+ breakfast sandwiches were sad, $29 buffet had a travesty in place of the biscuits and gravy, and all the good cheap fast food I found out was in Excalibur one of the last days we were there. We stayed at the Luxor, so only a 1.5 mile hike every morning...

Notarealsignguy

Well see, the order for the fast signs expo order rolled through with install on the date of the expo, fast signs system kept kicking it around to different fast signs, but since fast signs automatically blacks out fast signs expo dates in their system, all the fast signs were tied up with their fast signs expo. This is how you end up with fat signs doing fast signs work.

They closed? AFAIK, I could always get a drink or hit a dispensary for that matter!

Who was it? I stopped and chatted with Altec, Elliot, and Wilkie. At Elliot, I talked to a guy for 30 minutes, thanked him for his time, and we just barely remembered to exchange cards. Turned out to be the president... Good guy, knew all his own stuff. Better than most printer salesmen aside from spewing out maximum square footage/hour.

Yeah, the $10+ breakfast sandwiches were sad, $29 buffet had a travesty in place of the biscuits and gravy, and all the good cheap fast food I found out was in Excalibur one of the last days we were there. We stayed at the Luxor, so only a 1.5 mile hike every morning...
I assume they were at the Elliot booth. Who did you talk to?

JBurton

Signtologist
I assume they were at the Elliot booth. Who did you talk to?
Jim Glazer. Nice fellow. They had 3 or so branded trucks that were getting driven home from the trade show, real nice looking machines.
Also talked to Brian Wilkerson for a while, but that was more shooting the sh*t than anything, he and my old man and both their dads have known each other for years. I got to fly up and ride back in a new ladder truck from their plant when I was in 7th grade!
We met our new sales rep for altec as well, he treated us to dinner.

Notarealsignguy

Jim Glazer. Nice fellow. They had 3 or so branded trucks that were getting driven home from the trade show, real nice looking machines.
Also talked to Brian Wilkerson for a while, but that was more shooting the sh*t than anything, he and my old man and both their dads have known each other for years. I got to fly up and ride back in a new ladder truck from their plant when I was in 7th grade!
We met our new sales rep for altec as well, he treated us to dinner.
NM, he said they had their own booth. From what I was told, Jim Glazer and his brother own Elliott.

gnubler

I got two different expensive ass steaks
What's an ass steak? :D

Anyone else remember when Vegas used to be fun and cheap for the average Joe? $29 rooms during the week, $3 breakfast buffet at Rio with the $10 bottomless margarita pitcher. The big splurge was the Paris buffet at $30 per person, but it was worth it.

The last time I went was ten years ago and the $14 margarita with a milligram of booze in it was the last mixed drink I will EVER buy in Las Vegas.

Johnny Best

Grumbled: you just started your own business. Yo ain’t going nowhere for awhile. No cheap hotel rooms, quick breakfast with your new feance, then over for shared big ass drink for $14. Those are memories to remember while tying up a banner.

netsol

Ya went this year? I didn't think anybody on here was going. Did y'all at least stop and try that Mexicana BBQ just down the hall from the food court? That was my single best meal, and I got two different expensive ass steaks (one was from the gordon ramsey joint), but the $16 burrito put everything to shame!
gordon is bat shit crazy, butf, a pretty good chef

Notarealsignguy

3 things I know about Vegas.
It's dirty, you always leave broke and the girl on the card is never the one who shows up at your room. Don't recall it ever being different than that.

JBurton

Signtologist
What's an ass steak? :D

Anyone else remember when Vegas used to be fun and cheap for the average Joe? $29 rooms during the week, $3 breakfast buffet at Rio with the $10 bottomless margarita pitcher. The big splurge was the Paris buffet at $30 per person, but it was worth it.

The last time I went was ten years ago and the $14 margarita with a milligram of booze in it was the last mixed drink I will EVER buy in Las Vegas.
If ya gotta ask, ya haven't had one.
It's cheap if you play your cards right. Drinks are free as long as you tip your bartender and feed a machine, but the bartenders don't care that you're playing if you tip. Rooms go as low as $59 during the week, dinner is free if you act like you're after a bucket truck or a message center.
The craziest thing to me was an elevator that had two buttons, one for the club on the 60th floor and one for ground level. I joked about the guys engraving the panels, the cheapest panel they made was installed in an elevator with the highest cost per floor in the building.