• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hmmmm...am i being scammed?

gabagoo

just received this email, what you think?

To the Owner,
My name is Ricky Smith.I am with the Presbyterian Church of God and i will like to know if you sell or make stickers.below is the information of the stickers:

Oval Sticker Sizes
30,000 stickers of ¾" x 1 ¼"
30,000 stickers of 1" x 2"
30,000 stickers of 2" x 3"
30,000 stickers of 2" x 4"
30,000 stickers of 3" x 5"
30,000 stickers of 4" x 6"

i want ("God Is Good") on the Stickers.

white with black text(Black printing on white label sticker)

Kindly email me the pick up quote for 30,000 pieces of each sticker without shipping because after i have received the total i will send you the contact details of the shipping company i will be using so that you will contact them and get me the shipping charges and i will make the full payment for the stickers and shipping to you for you to start my order.i will like to know the price excluding shipping.I will like you to send me an email response with the picked up price for each size and if you don't have this size or type available kindly email me with the sizes you have available.
WHAT TYPE OF CREDIT CARD DO YOU ACCEPT?
ARE YOU THE OWNER?
.Kindly respond to me as soon as possible for us to proceed further with the order.

Thank You,
Rev Ricky.
Email Address: ricky.smith2g0@gmail.com

Tim Aucoin

Whaddya mean scam?? :rolleyes::Big Laugh
Go ahead and quote him $12 per sticker and I bet anything he accepts your quote and wants to proceed!!! I know, cause I've done work for him before... that's why I'm retiring next month!! :ROFLMAO:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i just shipped an order like that last week!

they paid with three different credit cards and i had to pay for shipping, but i made a killing!

ABPGraphics

Oh Man I think it is TOTALLY legit.......as a matter of fact I would give them YOUR credit card info just to secure the job!

:ROFLMAO:

Tim Aucoin

Sorry Gabagoo... I just e-mailed Ricky and told him I'd beat your price by 43% if he ordered with me. Also told him I'd offer free shipping to anywhere in the world. Hope this doesn't get me banned from here!! :omg::omg::rolleyes::rolleyes:

imagep

I'd bet my last dollar that it is a scam.

I have had so many scam calls just like it. As someone suggested, I did once ask for their phone number so that I could call back with a price - when I called it back I found out that it was a phoney (excuse the pun) number.

I have gotton that same scam call/email for offset printing, banners, and for screen printing also.

TheSnowman

When they can't type...that's the first sign.

I had one last week, the guy wanted to know how much my license plates were. I told him $4,000 a piece, because we only sell them in double sided 10' X 10' Alumalite sheets. Then he asked me if I was sure that that price was "a piece"...I told him yes, and that we had a 10,000 minimum. I haven't heard back in a week now.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Funny You Guys are talking about it.

here is the email i got, i ignored it and they kept at it, i was thinking total scam, but they wanted a proof sent, they accepted it, they brought up the shipping by a company called dolphin shipping, which i looked up and is real, in fact I recieved a email from the shipping company confirming info about order, they sent a response of the cost.....2454.00 to ship from Iowa to Hungary...why not have a sign maker print 60 banners in Hungary, everytime i move forward my gut says scam.....still does, but the customer even called me to answer a few questions, customer name is Jerry Jackson, his number was from trenton new jersey, i even explianed other than the big 3 shippers in th us, like ups, fedex and dhl, we dont accept the shipping charge to be paid by us even if the cutomer pays it included in the order, which is what they wanted to do.....

just curious how others would handle this, i keep trying to trip he guy up to reviel the scam, but cant do it.

heres the original email below.

Dear sir/madam
I will like to place an order with your company for some vinyl banners
below is the information i need on the banners .

Lettering words on banner:: BIRTH OF CHRIST JOY FOR CHRISTIAN AND THE WORLD (it should be in CAPS)
Banner Size:3x8
Art Work:No Art Work
Banner Location:Outdoor
i need grommets also for them .
TURNAROUND TIME :ONE AND HALF WEEK

Please send me the total I will need 30 pieces of them so i want you
to go ahead and email me back with the total cost of it also the type
of credit cards you take because am a deaf and only make all my
payment by my credit card .I will pick it up at your store when is
ready for Shipping.I will need the background color should be white
and the Text Color also be Red on the banners.

AUTO-FX

maybe when it comes time to actually ship, they say there is a problem and they will reimburse you but they need your credit card to make it go. they hope you panic because you have all this product sitting there and you want to get paid for it. :covereyes:

My wife owns a bakery and there is a scam that runs along the same lines that people try to pull for wedding cakes... The wedding cake one goes like this:

Customer orders a cake via e-mail, a big extravagant wedding cake worth hundreds of dollars. Customer says that a courier will pick the cake up on a certain day and that they will pay by credit card for the cake and the courier. All you have to do is pay the currier when the cake is picked up, which will be several hundred dollars.

They must have enough people fall for this stuff that it is worth doing... I can't imagine actually falling for it. The old method for this kind of scam was for them to use the TTY services and pretend to be deaf, but with the internet it is much easier to just blast out messages...

BROWNDOG

i went ahead and ran the credit card Reverend Jon gave me, turns out its just a way for them to get the rest of the info for the card and then go on using the card for other purchases, call the credit card for varification, most likely its a stolen card.