• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hmmmmmm...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone printing flatbed...... and I don't think it matters the manufacturer, but as long as you're U/V, know of any problems printing to perf vinyl ??

We did it about a year or so ago and I don't remember any problems, but now we're discussing if the lamps will cure the ink to the dropouts and when the vinyl is removed from the backing, we'll have 1,000's and 1,000's of little holes closed up by ink, thus lessening the ability to see through uniformly.

Anyone know of this taking place.... or how to get around it if on a flatbed if it is indeed a concern ??

:thankyou: Gino

petepaz

good question maybe you want to go with the perf with the larger holes. why not just solvent print?

dlndesign

Yeah, we have a flatbed but never run perf on it. We run our perf on our solvent printers. I can see how that could happen, you may need to reverse roll it and re-roll to loosen up those holes to knock 'em out. Or larger hole perf vinyl may do it as well. I'd just test it to see what could have changed from the first time you did it.

petepaz

if you have to uv maybe you can reverse roll to loosen the holes as mentioned and then hit it with the air compressor. seems like a lot of work when it could be solvent printed

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Time is the issue. Long story. Like all of you, we normally print on the solvent printer and be done with it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has done it with success.

O

onlinestar

Ultra flex has specialty vinyl for uv it's a 3-layer - all printed holes left on a 2nd waste layer