Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmmmmm...............................

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Gino, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Does anyone printing flatbed...... and I don't think it matters the manufacturer, but as long as you're U/V, know of any problems printing to perf vinyl ??

We did it about a year or so ago and I don't remember any problems, but now we're discussing if the lamps will cure the ink to the dropouts and when the vinyl is removed from the backing, we'll have 1,000's and 1,000's of little holes closed up by ink, thus lessening the ability to see through uniformly.

Anyone know of this taking place.... or how to get around it if on a flatbed if it is indeed a concern ??

:thankyou: Gino

Tags:
  2. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    good question maybe you want to go with the perf with the larger holes. why not just solvent print?

3. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Yeah, we have a flatbed but never run perf on it. We run our perf on our solvent printers. I can see how that could happen, you may need to reverse roll it and re-roll to loosen up those holes to knock 'em out. Or larger hole perf vinyl may do it as well. I'd just test it to see what could have changed from the first time you did it.

4. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Good Question..... 5+6=10?

5. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    if you have to uv maybe you can reverse roll to loosen the holes as mentioned and then hit it with the air compressor. seems like a lot of work when it could be solvent printed

6. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Time is the issue. Long story. Like all of you, we normally print on the solvent printer and be done with it. Just wanted to see if anyone else has done it with success.

7. onlinestar

onlinestar Guest

Ultra flex has specialty vinyl for uv it's a 3-layer - all printed holes left on a 2nd waste layer