• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HO HO HO! Who's sending cards this year?

J

john1

Just finished sending out cards to my customers from the past year. Custom designed them and my business partner printed them and i stuffed and mailed them this afternoon.

Of course my biggest customer is getting custom made Christmas cookies made by a bakery customer of mine. Using a cutter the shape of their logo and a watered down version of their logo hand done in icing on the tops. Should be done this week sometime!

Anyone sending out cards to their customers?

J

john1

Attachments

• eddie.jpg
    eddie.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 78

GypsyGraphics

i haven't sent out cards for the past couple of years, and most businesses i deal with have taken the same lack-luster approach to the holidays with regards to physically mailing out cards.

seems everyone just send e-salutations... which i think sadly comes off more like spam.

mmmm.... maybe it's not too late to spread a little holiday cheer with the old fashion personal touch.

:checks calendar, sighs with exasperation realizing she hasn't bought a single gift yet:

GypsyGraphics

i'm curious....
there's a local printer who puts quite a bit of effort into their yearly calendar, that they send out like a Christmas card. i always look through it, but it gets filed in the cylinder receptacle the same day. i feel kinda bad, but really.... does anyone actually hang a calendar anymore?

WildWestDesigns

i'm curious....
there's a local printer who puts quite a bit of effort into their yearly calendar, that they send out like a Christmas card. i always look through it, but it gets filed in the cylinder receptacle the same day. i feel kinda bad, but really.... does anyone actually hang a calendar anymore?

Got 3 of them hanging. There are always us old fashioned codgers around to do stuff like that.

laserline

We produce a desktop calendar, and have been getting calls from customers for the past couple of weeks making sure that they didn't get taken off the list. It's a great form of advertising that sit in front of the customer for the year.

gabagoo

I send out about 200 xmas cards.... I don't get as many as I used to. It is pretty expensive when you consider the postage.

I also get custom made nut trays which customers always rave about. I might buy 20 of those and might possibly give out 18 and keep 2 for myself!!

BobCap

Done printing cards

I think we are done printing cards. It always keeps our print side really busy this time of year.

We always hand out a calendar to our customers. I see them hanging in a lot of the offices I call on. So somebody still likes them.

It's almost time to get the red suit out and have some fun...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert (Up by the North Pole) MN

Attachments

• 2013-New-Dawn-smaller.jpg
    2013-New-Dawn-smaller.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 77

401Graphics

I think we are done printing cards. It always keeps our print side really busy this time of year.

We always hand out a calendar to our customers. I see them hanging in a lot of the offices I call on. So somebody still likes them.

It's almost time to get the red suit out and have some fun...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert (Up by the North Pole) MN
Sound?

BobCap

Sound?

Yeah. The main counpany is called Advanced Audio Inc. We are a concert sound company. I started it in 1971.

About 6 years ago we started doing our own in house sign work...which led to large format printing...which led to sign work...which then went public!

We can hardly keep up with the business. We have also added sublimation printing.

For us, our largest clients are the same ones we provide sound services for. National and local touring acts, fairs and festivals.

If I could do it all over again...I would have started doing printing and sign work in 1971:)

We changed the name awhile back. Seemed stupid to answer the phone "Advanced Audio" when we are getting calls from print/sign customers...

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

Jillbeans

I ordered mine from (ugh) Vistaprint. I always send to customers and even a few local competitors. And of course, family.
This year my card features artwork from my mural I did this past June.
Love....jill

BobCap

Vista Print

Boo.

Shop local.

What goes around comes around...

Bob Cap
AAI
Local downtown Gilbert, MN

thewvsignguy

We only send a handful of cards out to the "special" people, like our accountant, landlord, close friends and family.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I'm doing something different this year... 10% off on your next purchase coupons. Christmas is about more than just saying thanks in a card.