• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ho ho home depot xmas

Pat Whatley

Look like they're using the Kinko's price book. You'd think that if international corporations realize what they need to sell stuff for to make a profit the rest of us would learn from them.

grampa dan

Ha ha ha ha ha!

The truth is most of those designs look no worse than what I see around here every day.

But then again this business model only makes our work that much more exclusive.

-grampa dan

visual800

I thought the same thing Dan...nice clipart, wide choice of fonts, you could even rotate text. Now all they need is a few people with the design skills of a 3rd grader and they can pick up where the "bad" sign companies left off before they folded in the past year.

Glad to see they are double what my banners go for

CES020

Looks like it's just an affiliate program like so many other sites offer. They appear to have only that affiliate site. Their main domain name says "future home of" on it.

JasperST

I think it's just a matter of time before the lowballers are victims of their own fate, one way or another. This is just another way.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I want to buy one of their 18 x 24, 432 sf (not inches) signs for only $62.56. They don't even have to put anything on it... just send me the 432 sf of aluminum...

J

john1

The truth is most of those designs look no worse than what I see around here every day.

But then again this business model only makes our work that much more exclusive.

-grampa dan

Dan, your work is amazing. If you see my post i just made yesterday i gave you some kudos ;)

radelta1

Home Depot

When Costco became a competitor by selling prints and canvas, I took my business elsewhere. I guess I will do the same with Home Depot.

CES020

It's not Home Depot doing it, it's a Home Depot affiliate program if I understand it correctly.

That's not a Home Depot website, it's just Home Depot advertising all over it, as the guy will get paid every time you click on Home Depot and buy something. It's just like Google Ads or Amazon's affiliate program if I understand it correctly. It has nothing to do with Home Depot making signs or going into the sign business. The guy could be selling cup cakes and it would look the same.

I could be completely wrong (it's been known to happen, having an ex-wife proves that theory).

Locals Find!

It's not Home Depot doing it, it's a Home Depot affiliate program if I understand it correctly.

That's not a Home Depot website, it's just Home Depot advertising all over it, as the guy will get paid every time you click on Home Depot and buy something. It's just like Google Ads or Amazon's affiliate program if I understand it correctly. It has nothing to do with Home Depot making signs or going into the sign business. The guy could be selling cup cakes and it would look the same.

I could be completely wrong (it's been known to happen, having an ex-wife proves that theory).

That is not an Affiliate site like you believe. That is a partner site with the Home Depot. You can actually reach it through the Home Depot parent site. Its under tools and hardware. Here is how I found them off the normal Home Depot site.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...d=10051&catalogId=10053&omni=b_Lynch Sign Co.

Whoever this Lynch Sign company is managed to score themselves a pretty good Marketing Partnership. Kudos to them for landing it and not being lowballers while doing it.

CES020

Yes, it appears it is more than the affiliate program, and as I said, I could be wrong, and I was.

I honestly don't understand the relationship. Seems so "not worth it" to me for HD. What's their cut? How much could they possibly be making from this a day? Seems really odd to me. I can think of many other ways for them to make money before I'd consider sub contracting sign work.

Locals Find!

Yes, it appears it is more than the affiliate program, and as I said, I could be wrong, and I was.

I honestly don't understand the relationship. Seems so "not worth it" to me for HD. What's their cut? How much could they possibly be making from this a day? Seems really odd to me. I can think of many other ways for them to make money before I'd consider sub contracting sign work.

That one is easy. It gives them a competitive advantage against Lowes who doesn't offer custom signs. Allows them to try and gain more market share. Just like with any business anything you can do that sets you apart without damaging your main business model. Well, thats a good thing. Like a Sign shop offering business cards etc.. without having to own more equipment.

CES020

I still don't see it. I don't think it's "An easy one", my point being, you don't typically see large retail stores listing some other company's name, and subbing work to them on their own website. In fact, I can't recall ever seeing this type of relationship. It's so one sided. It benefits Lynch, not HD. If Lynch does a horrible job, it's HD that will pay for it. Large retail stores don't often put their reputation in the hands of someone else like that. Too much risk. Still seems really odd to me. Maybe it's someone that works at HD's kid or family member and they setup a sweetheart deal.

The domain has been registered since 2002 and doesn't expire until 2015, yet they don't have their own website. My gut says it's a sweetheart deal and no other sign company would ever have had the chance to do something like that, but again, I could be wrong :)

I can think of many things that would give me a competitive advantage over lowes and signs aren't one of them.