• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Homemade Coro One Color Screen Press

vid

I got mine at Advanced Screen Technologies in Tempe AZ ...

:omg: Tom Bays?... Buy everything from him ...and pay more to do it!

When I was doing screenprinting in AZ, I found him to be the the single best resource for all things screenprint. He's a tough guy to get to spend some time with --- because he's the hardest working vendor in the business! Heck, I used to swing by early morning to help him load out just to shoot the breeze about business, business practices, and creative techniques --- The guy is an encyclopedia of how to get stuff out the door and creative techniques to do it.

I've NEVER met a vendor --- or most screenprinters --- that has as much knowledge of the industry as Tom --- but he won't tell you that.

and oh yeah, back in the olden days, there was a water soluable stencil that could be hand/plotter cut and weeded for screen printing. I'm not sure if it's still around or economical though...

Mosh

You need more than 35° opening, in case you need to wipe the screen down or play with the underside if a problem arises

The arms on our machine go back 8' so I can raise the screen up over my head and it still is only 35 degree angle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought I was on your 'IGNORE' list moshputz ??

Do you practice being a dolt ?? :ROFLMAO:​

He has a homemade jig and is doing just fine. He doesn't have a mechanically built highly engineered machine such as you have. He's starting in a new area of his business and needs pertinent information.... no crap about how you drink & shoot animals while working your combine doing signs on the side............. :Sleeping:

G-Artist

You did leave off a kick leg.

You can use wood but you will find that a spring-loaded one will make work go so very much smoother

http://www.awt-gpi.com/product72.htm

That's not the type we use but the principle is the same.

As far as burning a screen....use your plotter to cut rubylith. Hint, cut it as mirror so when you expose the screen so the actual ruby part of the film never touches the screen.

Holding registration is as simple as spray gluing scrap pieces of coro at 3 points. No need to spray glue the palette. Coro is heavy enough to stay on the table assuming properly mixed inks and precise off-contact even at close to 100% coverage.

Hope your buddy will allow access to his squeegee sharpener. Squeegee is an important tool. Take care of it, it will take care of you.

You have to work quick with coro inks. So if you do not have a drying rack next to the press, have a helper and some clean, cleared away space to place the printed blanks.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Set up looks fine.
Make sure your squeegee blade is sharp.
Don't let the image get too close to your frame. 4'' min. between the image and the screen 6'' is better. As the squeegee moves across, the fabric moves slightly. As you get close to the frame the fabric moves at a different rates and can cause problems.

And yes it does take some practice pulling the squeegee. Remember "confident" pressure. Don't kill it nor baby it.

jiarby

I didn't meet him, a woman helped me at the counter. Sounded like she knew apparel stuff pretty well but the sign stuff was new.

Thx everyone for the tips!

Ponto

...nice functional set up ... (brings back memories - ie. ink under the fingernails, mostly:ROFLMAO:) ... good on ya':clapping:

JP

jiarby

Hey Mr. Flemming...

As soon as I make 5K on this contraption I'll call you about that AWT! That is exactly the kind (or a Lawson Mustang) or press I want for this! How much for freight to AZ? LOTS!